IRELAND WOOD & HORSFORTH MEDICAL PRACTICE
PATIENT PARTICIPATION AND REFERERENCE GROUP
TERMS OF REFERENCE
1. The PPRG exists to give the practice and its patients an opportunity to
work together to develop the practice.
2. All patients and/or carers of patients are eligible to join the PPRG. The
PPRG will be made up of practice staff, patients and carers.
3. The group will have the opportunity to comment on and influence:
o Quality and the range of services offered
o The development of new or extended services
o Standards of care at the practice
o Consultations with the wider population
4. The PPRG members meet to represent the wider patient population, not
individual issues or concerns, which should be raised via the usual by
channels. Their role and responsibilities is to offer advice and
information enabling the practice to:
o Provide services which meet the needs of the practice population
o Promote the health and wellbeing of the local community
o Provide services which are accessible by all
o Communicate effectively with our patients
o Provide services of a high quality
o Engage with the practice population before making significant
5. Notes will be taken at PPRG meetings, shared with PPRG members and
published on the practice website. There will be a minimum of 3 patient
representatives and 3 practice staff at any future meetings.
6. The practice is not obliged to act on recommendations or proposals from
the PPRG. However, we do commit to consider and respond to all
recommendations as appropriate.