UBC TACS VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM
Name (LAST, First): Student Number:
Phone Number: Email:
Please briefly answer the following questions and attach with it a copy of your resume and
1. In a short paragraph, describe why you are interested in volunteering with UBC TACS,
and what you hope to gain from this experience?
2. What are some of your skills and characteristics that you think make you a suitable
candidate for a TACS volunteer?
3. Do you have previous tax filing experience? Yes No
(Please note: No experience is necessary and it does NOT affect your eligibility of becoming a volunteer!)
4. Have you volunteered with UBC TACS before? If so, what are some changes or
improvements that you would like to see in TACS?
5. Please describe your other time commitments and availability for March 2012. (The UBC
TACS clinic will run from Monday February 27 to Friday March 30, 2012. We ask that you
contribute a minimum of 12 hours during the 5 weeks of the clinic.)
6. Can you commit to attending our mandatory Welcome Session on the evening of
Thursday February 2nd?
7. Can you commit to attending our mandatory full-day training on Friday February 24th?
8. Can you also commit to attending the U-File Tax Return Mock Session at ONE of the
following times? Please check or highlight the one(s) you are able to attend.
Saturday, February 25, 2012 – 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Saturday, February 25, 2012 – 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Please address your e-mails with "LAST NAME, First Name" in the subject line to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions are limited so sign up as soon as possible!
The application deadline is 11:59pm on Friday, January 13, 2012
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with TACS! We will be contacting you shortly through email. For more
information, please go to www.ubctacs.org or if you have any questions, please feel free to send an email to