Michigan Library Association Michigan Library by vivi07

VIEWS: 5 PAGES: 4

									Michigan Library Association Library Technology Division February 10, 2005 Minutes Location: Il Bacio, 6250 S Cedar St., Lansing, MI. The meeting was called to order by Sheryl Cormicle Knox at 10:35am. 1. Arrivals  Attendance: o Sheryl Cormicle Knox, Krista Graham, Bob Kelly, Sara Memmott, Ben Sebrowski Absent: Sheryl Mase, Juliane Morian, Eric Owen Old Business  Motion to approve minutes from Janurary 9, 2006 – (Sheryl/Krista) approved. o Sara will send copies to Mike McGuire, Gretchen Couraud and Polly Ross. o We will wait until Juliane is back to post minutes to our web site.  Unit web site changes should be sent to Larry for now.  MLA Newsletter Column (Krista Graham) - One volunteer so far, on the topic online investment resources. Krista has 2nd googleverse article nearly ready to go for the next issue. Committee Reports  Peer/2/Peer Newsletter (Judy Dyki) o Almost ready to go. Sheryl will send Biometric resolution, to be printed if there is room. Spring 2006 Workshop (Ben/Sheryl) o 4 sponsorships: Ethostream $400, Polaris $400, Library of Michigan $275, Public IP $100. Sirisi may be attending but is probably not sponsoring. o Polly said it is best for MLA to invoice the vendors, Bob will pass on the information to the vendors. o Room arrangements – everything will be in one room, easily divided.  Best for vendors to set up during lunch (12-1) if they can.

2.

3.



o

o

o o

o

o o

o o o

o o o

Vendors can either bring projectors or let us know if they want us to supply one. Could also skip the projectors, since these will be small groups. Publicity – Ben has a simple but clear webpage ready, he will talk to Larry about where to put it, and will email the link when it’s up. Ben will also pare the web page down to one page pdf. CEUs – we will offer .6 CEUS – only suggestion from CEU committee was to modify the evaluation form to list each speaker separately, Sheryl will take care of that. Sheryl will repost workshop ad to Michlib-L and mla-info, but not on the same day. Other groups to invite? Michigan Innkeepers Association, Bed & breakfast, coffee shops, restaurants, chambers of commerce. Sheryl will look for groups to email. Swap and Shop  Kevin will to organize.  We could make it "virtual" with a display of brochures and small handouts with our site URL so attendees can download and print those they want. Ben can do the web work.  Sheryl will send a request to LTD list for copies of wireless brochures/handouts, to be forwarded to Kevin. Sheryl will pick up packets from MLA the night before. Packet:  Agenda  Evaluation  Swap and shop notice  LTD brochure  Folder, if MLA can provide. Hands-on – Sheryl will contact the LCC IT people for absolute confirmation that we can set up wireless network Ben will bring laptop with wireless card. Confirmation message to registrants – emphasize location with directions and a map link. devices.Encourage attendees to bring wireless laptops or other devices. Door prize – Sheryl will ask Sheryl Mase to handle the door prize. Member price includes Intellectual Freedom committee members. Day-of:  Be there at 8am! 

2

        

 

Registration & CEUs: Bob and at least one other volunteer Hands-on tech help: Ben Speaker wranglers: Krista and Kevin Vendor wrangler: Bob Swap and shop set up: Kevin MC: Sheryl Door prize: Sheryl M. Photographer: Ben, other cameras welcome Notetakers: Sheryl will send email info to Bob to send to LTD list, and ask for another registration volunteer Facility liaison: Sheryl

2006 Annual Conference Subcommittee (Ben Sebrowski) o Call for presentations proposals went out on email. o Each division etc. should plan for 2 programs, though we are likely to be able to present 4 o We want to continue:  Top Tech Trends – make more interactive  Tomorrow’s Professionals - Bob will ask Eric to make initial contacts with faculty to suggest and forward candidates and projects. o Ideas for 2 possible remaining slots:  Larger name speaker, visionary, good at communicating– possibly for Thursday, when there is not keynote  Vendor program. o We could also submit through the call for papers – due April 1. o Registration costs will be higher but more food included. o AV: No additional charge for bringing own equipment. Ben will want volunteers to help with onsite AV. o Continue our breakfast. Nominations o Jennifer Zimmer was suggested – Krista will email ask if she wants to run for a position. o Ben will run for chair if we don’t get someone else. o Sara will send another reminder to LTD list. She will look at list from last year and contact individuals to run again.



3



TechnoTours o MSU, project of selectors cataloging web sites. (Needs catchy title.) Probably 10-11:30am, June 9 – Sara will confirm.

6. Next Meeting – Friday April 14 Submitted by Sara Memmott – February 15, 2006

4


								
To top