SK Y2 Unit 5 p. 36
Focus: Listening and speaking
Topic: My Cousins , My Neighbour
1.1 By the end of 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to pronounce words
and speak confidently with the correct stress,rhythm and intonation.
1.1.3 Able to listen to, say aloud and recite rhymes or sing songs.
1.1.4 Able to talk about a stimulus with guidance.
By the end of the lessons, pupils will be able to:
1. Sing aloud the song, Incy Wincy spider with correct rhythm and intonation.
2. Match the insect to the correctly to the word cards given.
Time: 60 min
Aids: Teaching Aids:
1. Colouring games.
2. Incy Wincy Spider songs.
3. Colouring worksheets of the animals found in the web given.
1. Pupils name the animals learnt earlier from the textbook (pg. 36)
2. Pupils talk about the animals they might see in the orchard include
3. Teacher shows the pupils some pictures of animals like a ladybird, a
butterfly and a spider. Ask them if they know what type of animals they are
- insects. This is to bring the student to the topic of insects for
the Incy Wincy Spider song
4. Blow up the pictures from #1 and show the pupils. Teach any words
they don’t know.
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
5. Pupils listen to the song. Ask students to put their hands on their head
every time they hear one of the words from #1.
6. Pupils listen again and do #2 on the worksheet.
7. Pupils listen a final time and sing along together with the teacher.
Include some actions for them to sing.
For schools with a access to the website, pupils may also try this game as
Pupils say aloud the colour of the animals: e.g The butterfly is pink.
This activity can also be conducted using one computer with LCD.
Teacher can ask one pupil at a time to colour the insects.
Page 2 of 2