SK Y2 pg. 68
Focus: Listening and speaking
Topic: Family and Friends
1.1 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to
pronounce words and speak confidently with the correct stress,
rhythm and intonation.
Standard: 1.1.4 Able to talk about a stimulus with guidance.
By the end of the lesson, pupils will be able to:
1. Talk about the story they just heard.
2. Answer listening comprehension questions
3. Talk about a job they would like to do when they grow up.
Time: 60 min
1. Story from the website with given link above.
Lesson Link: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/short-stories/what-will-i-be-when-i-grow
Prepared By: Pooly
1. Teacher asks students to play a game in teams about occupations.
Example: Name 3 jobs : in a school, in a hospital, in an office, in an
airport, working with animals. The first group to name 3 of each topic gets
2. Teacher tells students that they are going to listen to a boy talk about
the jobs his family members do. The first time they listen, pupils must
name the family members the boy talks about. Pupils listen to the story
played from the website:
3. Pupils demonstrate their understanding to the story heard by answering
simple Wh-Questions asked by the teacher and/or ask pupils to do the
For weaker pupils write the answers to #2 in random order on the board
and ask pupils to fill them in.
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
3. Teacher asks the pupils to tell the time as set by the teacher using the
4. Divide pupils into four small groups and each group to talk about the
occupations mentioned in the story - would they like to do the jobs in the
5. Pupils practice using simple words to describe the occupation that they
want when they grow up as in #3 of the worksheet.
Page 2 of 2