Assessment Location :
Assessment Dates :
General Comments :
SWMMLTS Registration Number:
Home Address :
Post Code :
1. The candidate has successfully completed the assessment.
Assessor’s Signature: Establishment :
Date: Establishment Address :
2. The candidate does not meet the required standard in
Post Code :
Date: Version Oct 08
1. Pre Requisites for Assessment 3. Route Planning 6. Navigation Skills
Confident and accurate navigation to Summer
* HSE First Aid award (min. 6 hours) * Preparation of Route Plan / Card. * Moorland Walking Leader level.
Min. 8 nights remote camping in different
* locations. * Suitability of Route. *
* Min. 2 nights Leading / Co-leading Groups. * Appropriate terrain. Comments
Summer Moorland Walking Leader award or
* MLTE Walking Group Leader * Defined escape routes.
* Written Tasks Received / Completed * Realistic timings.
7. Group Management (could use Home Study Paper)
* Group control and discipline.
* Group monitoring.
4. Equipment * Response to problems.
* Tentage suitable * Flexibility of leadership styles.
2. Pre-Event Planning (could use Home Study Paper) * Sleeping bags and mats suitable * Strategy for remote supervision
Definition of Aim – is there a clear purpose to the
* activity. * Rucksacks suitable * Positive decision making
* Knowledge of Group’s capabilities. * Individual equipment * Effective communication.
* Knowledge of Group’s Medical needs. * Leader equipment * Effective review techniques
* Weather forecast noted and interpreted. * Management of load carrying * Safe and rewarding experience for group.
* Appropriate Risk Assessment * Stoves of appropriate type * Safe Management of water hazards.
* Supporting staff briefed. Comments Comments
* Group members briefed.
* Home contacts arranged and briefed.
* Access and Environment issues
* Menu Satisfactory 5. Camp Site 8. Incident Procedures (could use Scenario Cards)
Awareness of Record of training for use of
* stoves * Suitability of site (e.g. size, drainage, shelter) * Accident procedures (inc. burns and scalds).
* Awareness of fuel storage/loading arrangements * Tent arrangement and Security * Modification of plans as necessary.
Awareness of procedure to contact MR etc and
Comments * Camp rules/boundaries * timescales.
* Hygiene/sanitary arrangements * Awareness of common remote camping emergencies
* Cooking procedures * Dealing with remotely supervised group incidents
* Evening Activities Comments
O = Outstanding. G = Good. S = Satisfactory. U = Does not meet required standard.