SOUTH PIEDMONT COMMUNITY COLLEGE
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
Department: Resource Development
Division: College and Community Relations
Employment Status: Full-time, 12 months
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary Scale: SPCC salary schedule
Reports To: Executive Director of Resource Development
• An associate’s degree with general office or administrative experience. A bachelor’s degree is
• Strong written communication skills.
• Proven ability to deal effectively, cooperatively, and tactfully with internal and external customers.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong office organizational and time management skills.
• Enthusiasm and creativity.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Personal and professional integrity.
• Evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness,
the ability to see multiple perspectives, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare reports and other written correspondence.
• Maintain donor records.
• Assist with fund-raising campaigns.
• Provide assistance to the staff in:
• Preparing grant applications, managing grant projects, and maintaining grant records.
• Creating and updating donor records and maintaining mailing lists and other databases.
• Managing activities and maintaining records of the South Piedmont Community College
• Participate in planning activities.
• Participate on college teams, as assigned and other college activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the executive director of Resource Development and the SPCC
Foundation and the vice president of College and Community Relations.
To be considered, the following materials must be submitted:
1. A completed South Piedmont Community College application.
2. A current resume.
3. Application deadline is November 6, 2009.
Equal Access, Equal Opportunity Employer