A Contract Extension Agreement is an agreement between two parties that were the
original parties to an initial agreement whereby the parties agree to an extension of the
terms of the initial agreement. Such an extension may also have amendments to the
terms of the initial agreement provided in writing. This document in its draft form
contains numerous of the standard clauses commonly used in these types of
agreements, as well as optional language to allow for customization to ensure the
specific terms of the parties agreement are addressed. Use this agreement if the
original parties to an agreement wish to extend the term of the original agreement.
CONTRACT EXTENSION LETTER OF AGREEMENT
This agreement (the “Agreement”) is made as of ____________ (“Extension Effective Date”) by
_________________________ (the “Owner”) and ________________________(the
WHEREAS the parties entered into a certain Contractor Agreement (Mention other name of
contract or agreement if applicable) on the ______day of _______________.
WHEREAS the parties agree to extend the term of the Contractor Agreement in accordance with
the terms of the Contractor Agreement as well as the terms provided herein
According to the laws and regulations of _________, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. The parties agree to extend the term of the Contractor Agreement for a period of ___ ( )
years, which shall be from the Extension Effective Date to ____________, __.
2. The following provisions in the Contractor Agreement may be amended with effect from the
Extension Effective Date:
3. This Agreement shall be deemed as a part of the Contractor Agreement. Any reference to the
Contractor Agreement in any other documents shall be construed as including this Agreement.
Except the provisions subject to amendment, any other provisions of the Contractor Agreement
shall continue to be effective. In case of any discrepancy between this Agreement and the
Contractor Agreement, this Agreement shall prevail.
4. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of ____________.
5. This Agreement may be executed separately by the parties hereto, and each executed copy
shall be deemed as an original. All originals shall constitute the same document.
6. This Agreement has been duly executed by the authorized representatives of the parties hereto,
and shall become effective from the Extension Effective Date.
The parties have executed this Agreement as of the Effective Date.
© Copyright 2013 Docstoc Inc. registered document proprietary, copy not 3