Us Canadian Marriage by EndlessHallway

VIEWS: 342 PAGES: 24

									Canadian Marriage FAQ

             What Do I Need to
            Know About Getting
            Married in Canada?

                   October 2009
This document is intended to provide general
information only and cannot provide guidance or
legal advice as to one’s specific situation.
Moreover, the law is constantly changing and
this publication is based upon the information
that is known to us as of this printing.        For
guidance on your particular situation, you must
consult    a   lawyer.   You    should    not   act
independently on this information. The provision
of this information is not meant to create an
attorney-client relationship. Check our website,, for more information.

  If you have questions about this publication,
 other legal issues or need lawyer referrals, call
          GLAD’s Legal Infoline weekdays
            between 1:30 and 4:30pm at:

    800.455-GLAD (4523) or 617.426.1350
  Same-sex couples can legally marry in Canada, and Canada has no
residency requirement for marriage. Here are some answers to common
questions about what this means for Americans.

Can American same-sex couples marry in Canada?

  Yes. On July 20, 2005, a law approved by the Canadian Parliament
went into effect allowing same-sex couples to marry on an equal basis
with different-sex couples in all 13 provinces and territories in Canada.
While courts had been ending marriage discrimination on a province by
province basis since May of 2003, this law made Canada one of seven
countries in the world to allow same-sex couples to marry. Belgium, the
Netherlands, Spain, South Africa, Norway and Sweden are the other six,
but most have requirements which make it difficult for non-citizens to
marry. By contrast, there are no residency requirements anywhere in
Canada, so qualified couples from anywhere in the world can marry

What do we have to do to get married in Canada?

  To marry in Canada, you will need to get a marriage license, find a
person authorized to perform the ceremony, and arrange for two
witnesses to be present during the ceremony. You can usually find
witnesses where you get your license. No medical tests are mandated.

   The processes for applying for licenses and having ceremonies are
different from region to region. Further, there may be some differences
if you are having a religious ceremony rather than a civil ceremony,
which your religious officiant should be able to tell you about.

  For general information on marriage in the regions, see:

      Alberta:
      British Columbia:,
      Manitoba:
      New Brunswick:
      Newfoundland and Labrador:
      Northwest Territory:
      Nova Scotia:
      Nunavut:
      Ontario:!ut/p/.cmd/cs/.ce/7_0_A/.s/7_0_
      Prince Edward Island:
      Quebec:
      Saskatchewan:
      Yukon:

In all regions, the basic elements to get married include:

  Applying for the license


     Both parties must apply together and provide the local marriage
     license issuer with the following:
         proof of age (persons under the age of 18 must present a
           completed consent form)
         proof of divorce (copies of final court documentation) (see
         translator/interpreter over the age of 18 if not fluent in

     if applicant is mentally challenged, issuer must notify trustee
      or guardian

British Columbia

Either party may appear at the local license issuer and apply for a
license, but must provide the following information and documents
for both intended spouses:
    a birth certificate or passport
    photo ID
    consent forms filled out by a parent if under 19
    proof of divorce if divorced within the last 31 days (see


Both parties must appear in person at the local license issuer to
apply for the license and provide the following:
   proof of age (birth certificate or passport)
   proof of divorce (certified final divorce papers) (see below)
   proof of death of previous spouse (death certificate or
     newspaper clipping)

New Brunswick

Both parties must appear in person before the local license issuer
(or a Personal Attendance Excused form must be completed by that
person in the presence of a Commissioner of Oaths or Notary
Public and filed with the issuer) and provide the following:
    the date of the marriage and who is going to perform it
    proof of identity and age (birth certificate, passport or
      driver’s license)
    written parental consent if under 18 (if under 16 need a
      declaration from the Court of Queen’s Bench)
    proof of divorce (certified final divorce papers) (see below)
    proof of death of previous spouse (death certificate)

Newfoundland and Labrador

Either party may apply in person at a local marriage license issuer,
but both must sign the application and each must complete an
affidavit and have their signatures witnessed on it by a
Commissioner of Oaths, a Justice of the Peace, or a Notary Public.
If the application is being completed outside of Newfoundland,
signatures must be witnessed by a Notary Public. If the application
is being made by only one party, that party must bring the ID for
both parties. The marriage license is only valid from 30 days from
the date of issue. The following documents must be provided at
the time of application:
     proof of age
     if under 19 must submit a birth certificate or affadavit by
      father or mother swearing to age and written parental consent
     proof of divorce (certified final divorce papers) (see below)
     if you were divorced outside of Canada, you will be required
      to provide a letter from a Newfoundland lawyer stating that
      you are eligible to marry in Newfoundland (see below)

Northwest Territory

Both parties must appear in person at the local license issuer to
apply for the license and must provide the following:
   birth certificate
   social insurance number
   full names and place of birth for both sets of parents
   immigration documents (if applicable)
   written parental consent if under 19
   proof of divorce (certified final divorce papers) (see below)
   proof of death of previous spouse (death certificate)

Nova Scotia

Either party may appear at the local deputy issuer of marriage
licenses and apply for a license, but must provide the following
information and documents for both intended spouses:
    photo ID

     proof of age
     written parental consent if under 19
     proof of divorce (certified final divorce papers) (see below)
     proof of death of previous spouse (death certificate)


Both people planning to get married must attend the appointment
with the Marriage License Issuer. You will need to provide the
following documents or information:
    birth certificate
    social insurance number
    full names for both sets of parents (including mothers'
     maiden name)
    place of birth for both sets of parents
    immigration documents (if applicable)
    divorce certificate(s) or decree(s) - (a decree absolute or
     certificate is required if either person has been divorced, no
     other documents are acceptable) (see below) and
    death certificate(s) (if either person has been widowed)


Both parties must fill out the license application, and either can
appear at any city or town hall to submit it, but must provide the
following information and documents for both intended spouses:
    birth certificate or passport
    written parental consent if under 18
    proof of divorce if divorced in Canada (certified final proof)
    authorization from Minister of Consumer & Commercial
     Relations if divorced outside of Canada (see below)

You can download an application for an Ontario marriage license
NO=007-11018E. Note that this form is still gendered, in that it

requests information about the bride and the bridegroom. It does
not ask the parties to designate their sex.

Prince Edward Island (PEI)

Both parties must appear before the local issuer and provide the
following information:
    birth certificate or passport
    written parental consent if under 18, under 16 can not marry
     unless pregnant or a mother
    proof of divorce (certified final proof). If divorced outside
     Canada need a letter from a PEI lawyer stating that the
     person is free to marry in PEI (see below)
    death certificate if widowed
    name of person performing the ceremony and date and place
     of ceremony


Both parties must fill out the license application and appear
together at an interview with the “Service des Marriages Civils” at
the local courthouse along with one witness, and provide the
    birth certificate, or sworn statement, passport and ID photo
    written parental consent if under 18
    certified proof of divorce or dissolution of civil union (see
    proof of death of previous spouse (death certificate)
For a marriage license application, call the Service in the city or
region where you intend to marry or download one:


Both parties must appear in person (or one party needs to complete
the “Non-Attendance Before Issuer Of Marriage Licenses” form)

before the local issuer of marriage licenses and provide the
    birth certificate
    written parental consent if under 18
    proof of divorce (see below) or annulment (original or
     certified copy)
    proof of death of previous spouse is not required, but you
     need to know the exact date and place of death


Both parties must appear in person at any city or town hall to apply
for the license and provide the following:
    birth certificate or passport
    photo ID
    proof of divorce (see below)

Waiting periods

        Alberta, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Northwest
         Territory, Nunavut, Ontario and Prince Edward Island-
         no waiting period
        Manitoba- 24 hours between issuance of license and
        Newfoundland and Labrador- 4 days between application
         for and issuance of license and a further 4 day wait
         between the time the clergy or marriage commissioner
         receives the license and the ceremony
        Nova Scotia- 5 days between application for and issuance
         of license
        Quebec- 20 days between issuance of license and
         ceremony for purposes of publication of banns, an old
         tradition that simply entails posting a wedding
         announcement at the prospective venue for your
         ceremony. A Court Clerk or your wedding officiant will
         assist you.
        Saskatchewan- 24 hours between issuance of license and
               Yukon- 24 hours between issuance of license and


     Consult the websites above for the area in Canada where you plan
     to marry for the fees that are charged for the marriage license,
     officiant, and marriage certificate. They vary widely and can range
     from $20 to $250.

What if one of us has been married before?

  If either of you has previously been married, you may need to
demonstrate that your previous marriage ended in divorce or death.


     If you are divorced and seeking to marry in Alberta, British
     Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and
     Labrador, Northwest Territory, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Quebec,
     Saskatchewan or the Yukon, you should provide the original or a
     court certified copy of your final divorce decree, judgment or
     certificate of divorce. If the divorce took place in a country other
     than Canada and the divorce documents are in a foreign language,
     Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador require a written

     In Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island if you
     were divorced outside Canada, you will be required to provide a
     letter from a practicing lawyer in that province stating that you are
     eligible to marry there.
     In Ontario, marrying after you've been divorced is more
     complicated. If you were divorced in Canada, all you need to do is
     bring the original or a court-certified copy of your final divorce
     decree, final judgment or a certificate of divorce. If you were
     divorced outside of Canada, however, you must get an
     authorization for a marriage license from the Minister of Consumer

and Business Services. To do so, you need to send the following
materials to the Office of the Registrar General:
   A completed marriage license application signed by both of
   A Statement of Sole Responsibility for each divorce signed
     by both of you. This form states that you both acknowledge
     that your receipt of a marriage license does not mean that the
     courts of Ontario will recognize your previous divorce. To
     download             this          form,        go          to;
   An original or court-certified copy of your final divorce
     decree; AND
   A legal opinion from an Ontario lawyer, addressed to both of
     you, explaining why the divorce or annulment should be
     recognized in the Province of Ontario. A sample legal
     opinion letter can be obtained from the Office of the
     Registrar General by calling (807) 343-7568, or toll free in
     Ontario at 1-800-461-2156. A sample letter will be faxed to
     your lawyer. You can get a lawyer referral at en.jsp.

A marriage license application form, Statement of Sole
Responsibility form and a suggested format for a lawyer's opinion
letter are also available from most local municipal offices.


If your previous spouse died, you must provide proof of death in
Manitoba, New Brunswick, Northwest Territory, Nova Scotia,
Nunavut, Quebec, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan. New
Brunswick, Northwest Territory, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Prince
Edward Island and Quebec require a certified death certificate or
other official form of proof. Manitoba will accept either a death
certificate or a news clipping. Saskatchewan only requires the date
and place of death.

Who is authorized to perform the ceremony?

  Couples getting married in Canada can have either a civil or a
religious ceremony.

     Civil ceremonies
     Different civil officials are authorized to perform marriage
     ceremonies in the different regions (i.e., Marriage Commissioners
     in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Newfoundland and
     Labrador, Northwest Territory, Nunavut, Saskatchewan or the
     Yukon; clerks of the Court of Queen’s Bench in New Brunswick; a
     judge or justice of the peace in Nova Scotia or Ontario; judge of
     the County Court or a prothonotary in Prince Edward Island; clerks
     from the Service, mayors, notaries, etc. in Quebec). In some
     regions, it is also possible to have someone designated to perform
     your ceremony. You can get information about civil officiants
     when you apply for your marriage license or from the provincial

     Religious ceremonies
     Any religious representative who is recognized by a religious body
     to perform marriages, and is registered to perform marriages under
     the Marriage Act in the region where you want to get married can
     perform religious ceremonies.

Can I marry a same-sex partner in Canada if I am married to someone

  Not until you have divorced the other person. Entering into another
marriage before you have legally ended the first is bigamy, which is a
crime in both the U.S. and Canada.

Can I marry a same-sex partner in Canada if I have a civil union or
comprehensive domestic partnership with someone else?

  No. Civil unions and comprehensive domestic partnerships (ones that
provide essentially all the state rights of a married different-sex couple)
are a legal status parallel to marriage under the laws of the state where it
was established. If you have joined in a civil union or comprehensive
domestic partnership and the relationship is over, you will need to have a
dissolution proceeding, failure to do so before marrying in Canada could
make you guilty of bigamy.

  It is possible to marry the same person with whom you have a civil
union or domestic partnership.

Can same-sex couples marry anywhere other than Canada?

  Yes, currently Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa, Vermont and New
Hampshire (beginning January 1, 2010) allow same-sex couples to
marry and have no residency requirement. Maine has also passed a
marriage equality law, but its implementation is dependent on the results
of a voter referendum that will be held in November 2009. GLAD has
detailed information about the New England states where same-sex
couples can legally marry at For information
about getting married in Iowa, see this information put out by Lambda

  From June 16, 2008 to November 4, 2008, same-sex couples were
able to marry in California, but a ballot initiative which amended the
California Constitution has for the moment taken away this fundamental
civil right from same-sex couples.

  In addition, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, South Africa, Norway
and Sweden allow same-sex couples to marry, but most of these
countries have requirements that make it difficult for non-citizens to

If my partner and I marry in Canada, will our marriage be respected
in the U.S.?

   Your Canadian marriage will be respected as a marriage in
Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa, Vermont, New Hampshire
(beginning January 1, 2010), the District of Columbia and currently in
New York (both New York appellate court rulings and a pronouncement
by New York’s Governor indicate that New York will recognize the
marriages of same-sex couples although same-sex couples are not yet
able to marry in New York. A comprehensive resolution of this question
of respect is expected to be resolved by New York’s highest court
sometime in late 2009 or early 2010. For more information contact
Lambda Legal’s National Headquarters at 212-809-8585). Your
marriage will be respected as a civil union in New Jersey and New
Hampshire (prior to January 1, 2010).

   There is uncertainty as to how other states will treat the marriage of a
same-sex couple. Although states have a strong tradition of recognizing
marriages that are legal where they were celebrated (unless the state has
strong public policy against the recognition of the marriage),
unfortunately, many states currently do have laws, constitutional
provisions or controlling appellate decisions that can be deemed to
create a “strong public policy” against recognizing the marriages of
same-sex couples.

  Even in states that do not respect the marriages of same-sex couples,
there is nothing to prevent private parties – e.g., businesses, employers,
public accommodations, insurance companies, etc. – from respecting
your marriage.

  Because of the 1996 federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA),
currently the federal government does not recognize the marriages of
same-sex couples and therefore does not extend to same-sex spouses the
more than 1138 federal benefits, protections and responsibilities
applicable to spouses in a different-sex marriage. This includes federal
taxes, Social Security, immigration, veterans’ benefits and many, many

   On March 3, 2009, GLAD filed a federal lawsuit, Gill et al. v. OPM et
al., to challenge Section 3 of DOMA (see for
detailed information). Should GLAD succeed in this lawsuit, or should
Congress repeal DOMA Section 3, some or all of the federal laws where
marriage is relevant will be applicable to married same-sex couples who
live in states where their marriage is respected.
What should we do if our marriage is not respected?

  Some types of unfair treatment can be the basis of a lawsuit, and other
times the unfairness may not be suitable for a court to address. Even
when litigation is an option, it is not the only option. It is always
essential to weigh the chances of success or failure because bad results
in lawsuits can have effects reaching far beyond your particular situation
and affecting other families, too. For a further discussion of this see

   If you feel you have been discriminated against, you should contact
GLAD or one of the other LGBT legal organizations. We can help you
figure out what options you have to enforce your rights.

  Many ways exist to advocate in your home state about why your
marriage should be respected. You can work with local marriage
equality organizations to educate the public, mobilize supporters, and
lobby your state legislature. You can write letters to the editor of your
local paper about why your family needs the protections due to your
marriage. You can participate in efforts to defeat anti-gay constitutional
amendments, legislation, and ballot initiatives on both the state and
federal levels. You can share your story by participating in public
forums. For more information about these kinds of efforts, contact

What should I say when I am asked if I am married?

  You are legally married, and you should describe yourself accordingly
in almost all instances, such as on applications or forms relating to
employment, insurance, credit, mortgages, medical treatment, etc. You
should be aware, however, that discriminatory laws and practices still
exist in these areas and you may not be afforded the rights of married
couples in these areas. If you encounter problems, contact GLAD.

  If you are asked on a government form, you may want to specifically
indicate that you are married to someone of the same sex, particularly if
you know that the governmental entity does not respect marriages
between same-sex couples. If you do not, your answer could be
considered dishonest or fraudulent, and potentially expose you to fines
or other penalties. This is particularly true of government forms relating
to taxes, immigration, social security, and other government programs.

Will getting married in Canada allow me to sponsor my spouse for
U.S. citizenship?

   No. The law stating that the federal government does not respect
marriages between same-sex couples applies to immigration. Further,
depending on your circumstances, getting married in Canada could even
lead to your spouse's deportation. While this law may be challenged in
court, doing so may be very risky, both for your partner who may be
deported, and for other same-sex bi-national couples. Before making any
decisions about marriage, consult a qualified immigration attorney who
is knowledgeable about LGBT issues for individualized advice about
your situation. For more information see GLAD’s publication, Warning
for Same-Sex Binational Couples, at:

  You should also be aware that legislation to allow U.S. citizens and
permanent residents to sponsor their same-sex partners for immigration
to the U.S. has been introduced in Congress. For more information about
the Uniting American Families Act or to work for its passage, contact
Immigration Equality (

If my partner and I marry in Canada, how should we file our taxes?

     Federal Income Taxes

     In light of the federal marriage restriction (DOMA), the federal
     government will not consider a same-sex couple married for
     purposes of federal income taxes. As a result, each member of a
     same-sex couple married in Canada must file singly, but should
     strongly consider designating in some way that the marriage has
     occurred. Doing so could help to avoid penalties for underpaying
     taxes and could also prevent others from using the designation of
“single” on the tax return to argue or prove that a person is not
really married when that issue arises in other legal contexts.

In order to acknowledge both the discriminatory federal law as
well as the truth of your marriage, accountants suggest two

  1. Include a cover letter or disclosure form with the tax return.
     This form allows a taxpayer to highlight issues raised by the
     return to the IRS. It could include a statement that the
     taxpayer was married in Canada (and the marriage certificate
     could be attached as well), and that the only reason he or she
     is filing as a single person is because of the federal marriage
     restriction (DOMA).

  2. On the tax return itself, put an asterisk by the “x” in the
     “single” box, and indicate somewhere on the form that the
     taxpayer was married in Canada on a particular date and that
     this designation of “single” is for federal income tax purposes

Filing in this way (i.e. either with a disclosure or an asterisk) could
be crucial for purposes of proving (or not disproving) the existence
of the marriage in the numerous non-tax-related ways tax returns
are used (i.e. applying for a mortgage).

State Income Taxes

How couples married in Canada should file taxes in their home
state depends on the way the state tax law is structured, as well as
the existence or non-existence of a state marriage restriction.
There are essentially three different kinds of states with regard to
the filing of state income taxes:

  1. Those in which state filing status is tied to federal filing
     status, whether or not the state has its own marriage

  2. Those in which state filing status is not tied to federal status,
     but have a marriage restriction prohibiting respect for
     marriages between same-sex couples entered into elsewhere.
  3. Those in which state filing status is not tied to federal status
     and there is no DOMA.

For the first category of states, it is likely that the rule tying state
filing status to federal filing status is binding and thus the federal
DOMA is incorporated into state law. It is not clear if this is true
in all circumstances, and it is crucial to consult with a tax attorney
or CPA in your state.

For states with their own marriage restrictions, married couples
have the same options with regard to their state income tax forms
as with regard to the federal. (See above).

For the third category of states, a couple fills out two federal
forms. One designates the individual as single to submit to the
IRS; the other is completed listing the taxpayers as a couple (either
filing jointly or separately) in order to calculate their income for
purposes of a state return, which they file under the rates and
obligations for married persons.

For specific information about each of the New England states see
GLAD’s publication, Navigating Income Taxes for Married
Same-Sex Couples, at:

The bottom line on all tax matters is that legal experts are working
hard to come up with clearer answers to these questions, but there
are risks involved in many of the options people have come up
with. Before making a decision about this issue, you should
consult a tax attorney or an accountant to consider your specific
situation and weigh the legal and financial risks involved.

If we get married in Canada, how does that affect our children?

  To the extent that the parents’ marriage benefits their children, the
children of gay and lesbian parents will gain from their parents’
marriage as well. (Census data from 2000 shows that at least 10,000
children are being raised in intact same-sex households.) Family life
will go on the same as before you were married, but your children will
have the additional security that comes from having married parents.
And for the first time, they will be able to tell their friends and
classmates that their parents are married rather than getting into difficult

  As to the parents’ legal status as parents, if both persons were parents
before (through a joint or second-parent adoption, for example), they
will remain so. If one person is in limbo regarding his or her legal rights
as a parent, getting married won’t change that. By marrying, the person
who is not presently a legal parent will likely be considered a
“stepparent” by virtue of the marriage, but that status usually (but not
always) carries little legal weight. In most states, the marriage by itself
does not make a person a guardian or legal parent. To establish a legal
relationship between a person and a child, one needs to obtain a court
decree stating that you are both legal parents.

  If two people have children together after they marry, depending on
whether and how a person’s home state regards the marriage, both
marital partners may be legally presumed to be the legal parents of the
children born to either. Because this presumption can be rebutted in a
court proceeding by proof that someone else is the child’s biological
parent, however, the non-biological parent should consider adopting the
child in order to protect him or herself and the child from later attempts
to disprove the presumed parental status of the non-biological parent.

      Miller-Jenkins Sidebar
     Relying on a partner’s good will, or even on the fact that a child
     was born into a marriage or civil union, is not the best way to
     ensure ongoing parental rights of both parents if a couple later
     separates. A case in point is Miller-Jenkins v. Miller-Jenkins, 912
     A.2d 951 (Vt. 2006), cert. denied, 127 S.Ct. 2130 (2007), Miller-
        Jenkins v. Miller-Jenkins1, 49 Va.App. 88 (2006), cert. denied, 128
        S. Ct. 1127 (2008). This case has been in litigation since 2004, has
        involved two state Supreme Courts (Vermont and Virginia), and
        has already made several trips to the U.S. Supreme Court.
        Proceedings are ongoing.

        In that case, Janet and Lisa had a child while they were in a civil
        union. Janet did not adopt. After the couple separated, Lisa moved
        to Virginia and used both the lack of an adoption, and Virginia’s
        laws hostile to same-sex relationships to thwart Janet’s contact
        with their daughter. While Virginia is currently deferring to
        Vermont’s order of visitation for Janet, legal maneuvering in
        Virginia continues and threatens to reopen the issues. For more
        information, go to:
        jenkins-v-miller-jenkins/. GLAD and local counsel represent Janet
        in the Vermont proceedings.

Will getting married in Canada affect my eligibility for public benefits
or for continuing alimony from a prior marriage?

   Yes. If you are legally married, it is possible that your spouse's income
will be taken into account in calculating whether you are eligible for
public benefits. Although it would be outrageously unfair, you should
plan on this being true even if your marriage is not respected for other
purposes. It is also possible that you will no longer be entitled to
alimony from a prior marriage.

What happens if we break up?

  The only way to end a marriage is through divorce. To get divorced in
Canada, at least one partner must reside there for one year before a
Canadian court will have jurisdiction to grant the divorce, even though
there is no similar residency requirement to get married there. Unless
you live in a state that recognizes your marriage, trying to obtain a
divorce will likely be difficult. If you live in a state that does not honor
your marriage, the state courts will also be unlikely to grant you a
 Subsequently, the Vermont case went back to the Vermont Supreme Court after trial; and the prior ruling was
affirmed in an unreported decision on March 14, 2008.
divorce, and all the states that would honor your marriage have a
residency requirement to divorce. To make things more complicated,
even if you are unable to obtain a legal divorce, you may still be held
responsible for the obligations of marriage, such as providing financial
support and being held responsible for your ex's debts. This difficulty is
yet another reason why couples should think very carefully before
traveling to Canada to marry.

Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD)
is the leading legal rights organization in New
England dedicated to ending discrimination
based on sexual orientation, HIV status and
gender identity and expression. Through impact
litigation, education and public policy work,
GLAD seeks to create a better world that
respects and celebrates diversity—a world in
which there is equal justice under law for all.

GLAD’s Legal InfoLine and publications are
provided free of charge to all who need them.
We hope that those who are able will make a
contribution to ensure that GLAD can continue
the fight for equal justice under the law.

To make a tax-deductible contribution, log on to, or call us at (800) 455-GLAD
(4523) with your credit card, or mail your check,
payable to GLAD to 30 Winter Street, Suite 800,
Boston, MA 02108.       If your workplace has a
matching gift program, please be sure to have
your donation matched. Please contact us if you
would like more information on becoming a
GLAD partner.

                    Thank You!
Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders
30 Winter Street, Suite 800
Boston, MA 02108
Tel 617.426.1350
1.800.455.GLAD (4523)
Fax 617.426.3594

To top