This Parking Space Rental Agreement sets forth an agreement for a lessee to rent a
parking space from the lessor. The lessee gains an exclusive use of a parking space in
exchange for payment, which is made to the lessor on a monthly basis in advance. This
sample agreement states that the lessee bears all risk of loss and that the lessee may
only use the space for parking, not for storage or other purposes. This agreement
should be used by landlords or property managers to lease a parking space to a
residential or commercial tenant.
PARKING SPACE RENTAL AGREEMENT
THIS PARKING SPACE RENTAL AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”), entered into this
______ day of _______________, 20______, between ___________________ (hereinafter
referred to as the “Lessor”) and _________________________ (hereinafter referred to as the
WHEREAS the Lessee hereby agrees to rent from the Lessor _________ (____) parking
space(s) (the “Parking Space”) located at _________________________ (the “Location”), on the
following terms and conditions set forth below:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Rental Terrm. The Lessor and the Lessee hereby acknowledge and agree that the Lessee
shall rent the Parking Space from the Lessor for a period of ___________ (____)
days/months, commencing on the ______ day of ______________, 20______, and
ending on the _____ day of _____________, 20_____ (the “Term”).
2. Security Deposit. The Lessee hereby agrees to pay the Lessor one (1) months security
deposit in the amount of ______________ [Insert written amount] ($_____). The
Lessor shall return the deposit, minus any offsets, to the Lessee upon termination of the
3. Rental Amount. The Lessee hereby agrees to pay to the Lessor the sum of
______________ [Insert written amount] ($_____) per month for the use of the Parking
Space and will pay such sum to Lessor in person or by mail at
4. Due Date. All payments for use of the Parking Space shall be paid in advance by the
Lessee to the Lessor no later than the _________ [Insent date] (____) day of each and
5. Method of Payment. Upon request by Lessee, either verbal or written, the Lessor
hereby agrees to issue to the Lessor for any and all amounts paid by the Lessee to the
Lessor. Such receipts shall indicate the amount(s) paid by the Lessee and the period for
which such payment was made.
6. Nonpayment. If in the event, the Lessee fails to pay such sum to the Lessor on the
agreed due date, the Lessor shall have the right to tow Lessee’s vehicle(s) from the
Parking Space. Any costs incurred by the Lessor to tow the Lessee’s vehicle(s) from the
Parking Space for failure to pay any and all sums due and owing to the Lessor, shall be
the sole responsibility of the Lessee. The Lessee hereby agrees to pay such costs incurred
by the Lessor for the towing of the Lessee’s vehicle(s) within ______ [Insert date] (__)
days of the Lessor providing to the Lessee receipts for such towing costs.
7. Rent Increase. Due to economic or market fluctuation, the Lessor shall have the right to
increase rental rate upon reasonable written notice to the Lessee.
8. Use of Parking Space. The Lessee shall use and occupy the Parking Space for parking
purposes only. At no time shall the Lessee use Parking Space as a storage area or
conduct or perform any mechanical repairs and/or maintenance to his/hers vehicle(s) or
3rd party vehicle(s) in the Parking Space. If in the event there are any oil or grease spills
or excessive stains in the parking space, the Lessee shall make reasonable efforts to clean
it up. The Lessee shall throw away any and all trash in the Parking Space and shall keep
the Parking Space free from any debris. If in the event the Lessee fails use the parking
space for its intended purpose or to keep the parking space clean after ____ [Insert
written number of day(s)] (____) days of written notice to correct by the Lessor to the
Lessee, the Lessor shall remove and relocate any stored materials or possessions to an
outside storage facility or make reasonable effort to clean the parking space at the
9. Risk of Loss. The Lessor and the Lessee hereby acknowledge and agree that any items
left unattended in the Lessor’s vehicle(s) are done so at the Lessee’s own risk and the
Lessee hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Lessor shall not be held liable or
responsible for any theft, damage or loss of possessions to or from the Lessor’s vehicle(s)
whether such damage is caused by other vehicles or persons in the parking lot and the
10. Notices. Any notice, request, demand, approval, consent or other communication
provided or permitted hereunder shall be in writing and given by personal delivery or sent
by registered U.S. mail delivery.
11. Subleasing. In no event shall the Lessee the parking space without the effective written
consent of the Lessor.
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 3
12. Right to Withhold or Offset. The Lessor shall have the right to offset any rent due or
become due or to withhold security deposit to satisfy unpaid rents or to cover any
removal, transportation and storage expenses of the Lessee’s materials or possessions or
cleaning expenses incurred by the Lessor.
13. Waiver. The Lessor’s delay or failure to insist or enforce any provisions set forth herein,
failure to notify the Lessee any breach, violations or defaults shall not construed as a
waiver by the Lessor of any such performance, provisions, rights, remedies, breach,
violation or default.
14. Breach of Contract. Any violations of the terms and conditions set forth in this
Agreement by the Lessee shall constitute a breach of contract. The Lessee shall have
_____[Insert written number of days] (___) days upon written notice of violation(s) to
cure. Failure to cure violation(s), the Lessor shall have a right to terminate this
Agreement for default.
15. Termination (Convenience/Default). The Lessor and the Lessee hereby acknowledge
and agree that either of them may terminate this Agreement for any reason whatsoever,
by providing __________ [Insert written number of days] (___) days written notice to
the other party. If in the event the Lessor terminates this Agreement for default, the
Lessor shall terminate this Agreement immediately.
16. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with
the laws of the State of _________[Insert State].
17. Severability. In the event any provision of this Agreement shall be determined by a
court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable in any respect under
applicable law, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions contained
herein shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
18. Assignment. The Lessor shall not assign it rights or subcontract any of its obligations
under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Lessor.
19. Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including any other documents and/or forms
referred to herein or therein, embodies the entire Agreement between the parties herein
and shall only be modified in writing, upon mutual consent of the parties herein, and
supersedes any and all prior writings, negotiations and understandings with respect to this
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 4
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Lessor and the Lessee have executed this Agreement.
DATED at ___________, this ______day of ____________, 20___.
Lessor’s Address for Service
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 5