A Cleaning Contract is an agreement made between an individual or cleaning company
and another individual or company in respect to cleaning services to be provided for a
specific location, such as a residence, office building, or commercial building. The
agreement provides for the terms of the agreement, the work to be performed, and
payment provisions as well provisions about the insurance coverage of the company or
individual providing the cleaning services. This form contains standard clauses but can
be customized to fit the needs of the drafting parties.
THIS AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) is entered into this ____ day of ____________,
20____, by and between _______________________ (hereinafter referred to as
“_____________”) and _________________________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Cleaning
_________________ and the Cleaning Service hereby mutually agree as follows:
1. _______________ and the Cleaning Service have entered into this Agreement for the
Cleaning Service to provide (residential/industrial/commercial) cleaning services to
_______________ at _________________________________ (enter address).
2. The Cleaning Service shall provide all labor, equipment and products to complete the
cleaning work (the “Work”) and will perform all services necessary as instructed by
_______________ to carry out the Work in the highest standards possible.
3. The term of this Agreement shall be for a period of __________ (___) months/years to
commence on the _____ day of ____________, 20_____, and shall terminate on the _____ day
of ____________, ________. This Agreement may be renewable by ______________ and the
Cleaning Service upon the date of termination.
4. The Cleaning Service shall enter the residence/building at the following time or times to
carry out the Work and services contemplated under this Agreement:
(i) Mondays - ;
(ii) Tuesdays - ;
(iii) Wednesdays - ;
(iv) Thursdays - :
(v) Fridays - ;
(vi) Saturdays - ; and
(vii) Sundays - .
5. Either ________________ or the Cleaning Service may terminate this Agreement at any
time, provided that the party who wishes to terminate this Agreement provides ________ (___)
days written notice to the other party.
6. ______________________ shall pay to the Cleaning Service for the Work completed as
(i) _______________ shall pay to the Cleaning Service the sum of _____________
($____________) Dollars on the _________ (___) and _________ (____) day of
each and every month, commencing on the _____ day of ___________,
_______________ shall pay to the Cleaning Service the sum of ______________
($_____________) Dollars on the _________ (___) day of each and every month,
commencing on the ______ day of ____________, 20_____;
(ii) The Work and services performed under this Agreement by the Cleaning Service,
shall be subject to inspection by _____________ prior to any payment being
made to the Cleaning Service;
(iii) ___________________ shall have the right to withhold any and all payments to
the Cleaning Service, should ________________ in its opinion deem that the
Work or services have not been performed in accordance with the requirements of
this Agreement or to the satisfaction of _________________________.
7. The Cleaning Service shall provide to ________________ invoices for all payments due
to the Cleaning Service for the Work completed by the _______ (____) day of each and every
8. The Cleaning Service shall notify ______________ of any changes to the Work in
writing within ___________ (___) days of such change. Any and all changes to the Work by the
Cleaning Service must first be approved by _________________________ and evidence of such
approval must be in writing to the Cleaning Service.
9. The Cleaning Service shall not assign this Agreement to any other party unless the
express written consent of _____________________ is first obtained in respect of such
10. Should the Cleaning Service abandon their obligations and duties under this Agreement,
or is not completing the Work in the highest possible standards in accordance with
_____________ instructions, then _____________ shall have the right, after providing the
Cleaning Service with _______ (___) days notice, remove the Cleaning Service from the
residence/building, without releasing the Cleaning Service of any of its obligations or liabilities
under this Agreement.
11. The Cleaning Service shall be solely liable for and shall indemnify _________________
in respect of any liability, loss, claim or proceeding whatsoever, arising under any legislation or
at common law in respect of personal injury to or the death of any person whomsoever arising
out of or in the course of or caused by the execution of the Work whether or not due to its
negligence and shall effect adequate insurance cover in respect of such risks and shall furnish
____________________ with a copy of such insurance policy.
12. If there are any act, omission or neglect of the Cleaning Service, its agents, workmen or
others, or of any sub-contractors employed by the Cleaning Service, cause or suffer any damage
to any property whatsoever in the execution of any of the Work under this Agreement, such
© Copyright 2013 Docstoc Inc. 3
damage may be made good by _______________ at the cost of the Cleaning Service and the
Cleaning Service shall on demand pay the damages to ______________.
13. __________________ shall not be liable for or in respect of any damage or compensation
under the relevant legislation, or at common Law in consequence of any accident or injury to any
workman or other person whether in the employment of the Cleaning Service or any sub-
contractor and the Cleaning Service shall indemnify and keep indemnified _____________
against all claims, demands, proceedings, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever in respect
thereof or in relation thereto.
14. The Cleaning Service shall take out adequate insurance against all liability to pay
demands of compensation as aforesaid in respect of all workmen and other persons who may be
employed to carry out the Work and services to be provided under this Agreement and shall
provide a copy of such insurance policy to ____________________.
15. If the Cleaning Services fails to keep in force the insurance as mentioned above, then and
in any such case __________________ shall keep in force such insurance and pay such premium
or premiums as may become due and recover the same as a debt from the Cleaning Service.
16. In the event of any workman or other person employed in doing the Work or services
contemplated under this Agreement whether in the employment of the Cleaning Service or a sub-
contractor suffering any personal injury and whether there is a claim or compensation or not, the
Cleaning Service shall without delay give notice in writing of such personal injury to
17. The Cleaning Service shall comply with all environmental legislation of the applicable
jurisdiction in respect of pollution, water pollution, waste disposal and ozone depletion, etc.
18. The Cleaning Service shall practices good environmental practices in carrying out the
Work and services to be performed under this Agreement for conserving the global & local
environment. Such practices shall include but not be limited to the conduct waste separation &
recycling programs and replacing all chemical based cleaning agents by other natural/organic
19. The Cleaning Service shall make every endeavor to protect the indoor environment with
a particular attention to health and safety of the occupants, visitors and workers in the
20. The Cleaning Service and _____________ hereby agree not to disclose any information
contained herein to any third party or use any confidential information disclosed to it, except as
expressly permitted under this Agreement and that the Cleaning Service and ____________ will
take all reasonable measures and actions to maintain the confidential information in its
possession or control.
21. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of, and be binding on each of the Cleaning
Service and _________________, and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
© Copyright 2013 Docstoc Inc. 4
22. This Agreement (together with all other agreements or documents executed by the
Cleaning Service and ___________________ as may be contemplated by this Agreement)
constitutes the entire agreement between the Cleaning Service and _______________ pertaining
to the subject matter of this Agreement and such other agreements and documents and
supersedes all prior agreements, understandings, negotiations and discussions, whether oral or
written including, without limitation, any confidentiality agreements which may have been
entered into between the Cleaning Service and ________________ prior to the date hereof.
There are no conditions, warranties, representations or other agreements between the Cleaning
Service and __________________ in connection with the subject matter of this Agreement
(whether oral or written, express or implied, statutory or otherwise) except as specifically set out
in this Agreement or in such other agreements and documents.
23. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be
deemed to be an original and all of which taken together shall be deemed to constitute one and
the same instrument. Counterparts may be executed either in original or faxed form and the
parties adopt any signatures received by a receiving fax machine as original signatures of the
parties; provided, however, that any party providing its signature in such manner shall promptly
forward to the other party an original of the signed copy of this Agreement which was so faxed.
24. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the
Province/State of ________________ and the laws of __________ (enter country) applicable in
that Province/State and shall be treated, in all respects, as an ___________ contract.
© Copyright 2013 Docstoc Inc. 5
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the Cleaning Service and _____________ have executed this
DATED at ___________, ________, this __day of ____________, 20___.
I have authority to bind the Company.
I have authority to bind the Company.
© Copyright 2013 Docstoc Inc. 6