Table of Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Caste distribution in the five districts:
District SCs STs General Total
Population % Population % Population % Population
Ananthapur 451,810 14 111,207 3 2,620,799 82 3,183,814
Kurnool 518,108 17 56,455 2 2,398,461 81 2,973,024
M’nagar 542,380 18 227,405 7 2,307,265 75 3,077,050
Prakasam 522,640 20 98,854 4 2,107,672 76 2,759,166
Nalgonda 504,206 18 275,638 10 2,072,248 73 2,852,092
TOTAL 2,569,144 17 769,559 5 11,506,445 77 14,845,146
State 10,594,725 16 4,196,655 6 51,716,628 78 66,508,008
Table showing percentage of Female Headed Households
Selection of PIAs - Criteria and Procedure Reiterated.
APRLP is attempting to improve the quality of implementation of Watershed Development Programme. In
pursuance of the objectives of the programme the significance of selecting the right Project Implementation
Agencies is further recognized. Thus it is envisaged to follow the procedure delineated below while selecting
Short listing of NGOs/GOs based on the objective criteria.
1) Experience in Rural Development work with awareness about watershed related aspects and NRM.
(Yes / No). If yes:
a) A minimum experience of 3 years.
b) Name of the organisation / department
c) Name of the scheme
d) Activities in particular
2) Whether working locally, if yes,.
a) Whether there are any disciplinary cases / inquiries pending or disposed for
manufacturing / misappropriation / indiscipline
b) Any other offence
3) Whether black listed in any other project or any other district
4) Have experience in formation and mobilisation of community especially women (Yes / No) If yes:
a) How many groups are formed?
b) Total Corpus
c) Major income generating activities by these groups
5) Have experience in micro plans / peoples plans in other development
activities. (Yes / No) If yes:
a) Which project micro plan has prepared
b) How much area treated
c) No. of persons benefited
6) Whether proved capacity in capacity building of staff and people and have sufficient
staff / infrastructure to facilitate watersheds.
a) Can facilitate Training Centre.
b) Location of Training Centre from watershed habitation (Near / Far).
c) How many trainings conducted.
d) No. of persons trained.
e) No. of resource persons / field staff available
f) Kalajatha Troops (Yes / No). If yes how many programmes conducted
7) Focus on gender programs and coverage of poorest of poor in other activities.
8) Have accountability and good transparent systems of management.
a) Submitted 3 years of auditing statements.
9) Experience in collective participatory processes.
10) Organisation is willing to adopt the APRLP / Watershed Agenda in its Bylaws.
11) Antecedents to be verified.
• Interview verifications of their credentials
• Seeking approval of the provisional list by the District Collector and Chairman of DPAP .
• For new livelihood watershed habitations entrusting the following tasks and entrustment in decision
i) Mobilisation of the community for exposure visit at (50%) own cost within
ii) Shramadanam for habitation sanitation, protection for drinking water, own office
with women etc.
iii) Baseline / Bench Mark survey, PRA + current situational analysis.
iv) EPA’s of simple nature like CPR identification and development, backyard
poultry and kitchen garden, Bio-Mass presentation etc.,
v) SHG existing consolidation and next to be formed.
vi) An MOU with the community for collaboration at two stages i.e. initial and
after probation (see annexure—)
• Review of PIAs based performance within three months and confirmation / declaring probation.
Revised Selection Criteria for Livelihoods Watershed
and Project Implementation Agencies
List of Acronyms
AP Andhra Pradesh
APRLP Andhra Pradesh Rural Livelihoods Programme
APSRAC Andhra Pradesh State Remote
Sensing Application Centre
BILWRU Basic Integrated Land and Water Resource Units
CBO Community Based Organisations
CBCS Community Based Convergence of Services
CDSA Centre for Development Studies and Activities
CPR Common Pool of Resources
DCBC District Capacity Building Centre
DFID Department for International Development
DPAP Drought Prone Areas Programme
DPIP District Poverty Initiative Programme
DWACRA Development of Women and Children in Rural Areas
EAS Employment Assurance Scheme
GO Government Organisation
GIS Geographic Information Technology
IMSD Integrated Mission for Sustainable Development
INM Integrated Nutrient Management
IPM Integrated Pest Management
JFM Joint Forest Management
IWDP Integrated Wasteland Development Project
KVK Krishi Vigyan Kendra
M&E Monitoring and Evaluation
MDO Mandal Development Officer
MRO Mandal Revenue Officer
NGO Non Government Organisation
NR Natural Resources
NRM Natural Resources Management
NTGCF National Tree Growers Cooperative Federation Limited
NWDPRA National Watershed Development Programme for Rain-fed Areas
PD-DPAP Project Director, Drought Prone Area Programme
PIA Project Implementation Agency
PMIAS Participatory Monitoring and Impact Assessment Systems
PSA Participatory Situation Analysis
PSU Programme Support Unit
RDF Rural Development Fund
RIDF Rural Infrastructure Development Fund
SHG Self Help Group
SRTRI Sri Ramananda Tirtha Rural Institute
UG User Group
VAO Habitation Administrative Officer
VDO Habitation Development Officer
WA Watershed Association
WDF Watershed Development Fund
WDT Watershed Development Team
WSC Watershed Committee