Post: Product Engineer/sKTP Associate
(Swarco Traffic Ltd, Richmond)
School/Dept: School of Science & Engineering
1. BSc (minimum of a 2:1 degree) or MSc in related Mechanical Engineering or
2. Knowledge of manufacturing processes and the principles associated with
value engineering and NPD activity.
3. Ability to design/redesign products using a range of methodologies and
4. Demonstrable knowledge of advanced manufacturing techniques and
5. Experience of developing 3D models using appropriate software e.g.
6. Experience of Finite Element Analysis.
7. Excellent project management skills
8. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly with
personnel at all levels of the Company and the University.
9. Highly motivated and able to work to deadlines using own initiative within a
10. Good communication skills - visual, verbal and written.
11. Due to this project being a fixed term appointment for 9 months, the
successful candidate would need to be eligible to work within the UK.
1. Previous role within a manufacturing or design environment.
2. Experience/Knowledge of designing products containing moving parts.
3. Experience/Knowledge of Mechatronics.