January 17, 2011
POSITION Assistant Superintendent for Business Services
Certified Public Accountant
Master’s degree in field of Business Services/Finance.
Five (5) years of administrative experience, including three (3) years of school district
experience, with knowledge and understanding of school finance and laws.
Must possess or be eligible to receive a Chief Business Official’s Certificate
Knowledge and experience in use of appropriate technology applications to support
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and
cooperatively with other administrators and district staff.
1. Responsible for budget development, administration, and long-range financial planning
for the District.
2. Assist the Superintendent and staff to analyze financial and educational problems, and
develop solutions to problems which ultimately improve daily operations.
3. Participate with county and State organizations in staying abreast of school finance
reform and other District-related issues.
4. Prepare periodic and special request financial analyses and reports, including, but not
limited to, monthly report of District’s financial status, investments and cash flows.
5. Make recommendations to the Board concerning the purchase or sale of vacant
property, and, at their behest, execute and implement said transaction.
6. Supervise departmental employees and their related operations.
7. Procure and manage District risk management insurance coverage.
8. Oversee and assist with all aspects of internal and external audits.
9. Prepare and oversee the preparation of District financial reports. Ensure that report
formats meet all State, local, ASBO, and in-District reporting requirements.
10. Analyze and approve periodic capital equipment requests.
11. Prepare and submit tax resolutions for the Board. Ensure the timely transfer of funds
from taxing authorities to the District. Monitor tax appeals and Taxable Value
12. Oversee the operation of the Food Services Department.
13. Oversee the budgets and financial integrity of center programs and the International
14. Other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
SALARY RANGE: $123,274 - $137,811
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2011 (or sooner)
PROCEDURE TO APPLY:
Submit a letter of interest and resume to the Human Resources office. Apply electronically at
www.bloomfield.org. Click on “Employment,” and follow the online instructions. Please scan your
letter of interest, resume, letters of recommendation, transcripts, and certificate, and upload to your
online application. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 18, 2011.
In compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX or the Education
Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age
Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, it is the
policy of the Bloomfield Hills School District that no person shall, on the basis of race,
color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, height, weight, political
belief, military service or marital status, be excluded from participation in, be denied
the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination during any program or activity or in
employment. For information, contact the District Compliance Officer Christine
Barnett, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources & Labor Relations, at 4175
Andover Road, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48302 or at 248.341.5425.