SOUTH PEACE COMMUNITY RESOURCES SOCIETY
Date: October 1, 2012
Posting Circular: #1586
Position Title: Legal Advocate
Program: Legal Advocate – Dawson Creek
Job Summary: The Legal Advocate will:
- Provide legal information, advocacy and referrals to low income
persons in the Peace River area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related legal field such as criminology or
psychology or diploma in paralegal.
- Two years recent related experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate in various programs
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture and issues
- Ability to adhere to legal and ethical obligations regarding clients and
- Exhibits tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work independently
Vehicle Use: This position requires that you use your personal vehicle for business.
You must have a valid driver’s license.
Hours of Work: 31.5 Hours per Week. Flexible to meet the needs of the program.
Rate of Pay: As per the Collective Agreement
Closing Date: October 19, 2012
Submit Resumes To: Lori Brooks, Human Resource Coordinator
P.O. Box 713 (10110 13th Street)
Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4H7
Fax: (250) 782 4167 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include competition Job-1586 with resume
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
This position required union membership
This position is open to female and male applicants