SOCIAL STUDIES: Grade 6
Geography, Benchmark B
3. Explain how distribution patterns of economic activities and how changes in
technology, transportation, communication and resources affect those patterns
including: D. Manufacturing.
SCIENCE: Grade 6
Science and Technology, Benchmark A
3. Describe how automation has changed manufacturing including manual labor
being replaced by highly skilled jobs.
1. Students will take out a sheet of paper (or a graphic organizer may be
given) and be prepared for notes.
2. The teacher will open up his/her presentation in PowerPoint, and begin
going through each slide, presenting information on how manufacturing
3. The teacher should place only 3-4 pieces of information per slide.
4. Students will follow along with slides taking notes/filling out organizer.
Students are directly given the information that they
need to be informed of, and will be putting the
information into a format they can use.
To be used when information is very important or
information students may not pick up on their own.