KNOX COUNTY EDUCATIONAL SERVICE ENTER
REQUEST TO USE PERSONAL LEAVE
Request for personal leave should be submitted two weeks in advance – if not an emergency
Position Date of Request
I hereby notify the Superintendent of my request to use personal leave on
Date of Leave Time Period (Must be in 1/2 or 1 day increments)
1. Required court appearances as litigant or witness.
2. Major disaster or emergency affecting family property.
3. Birth of child in immediate family.
4. Observance of special religious holidays.
5. Marriage of self or other person in immediate family.
6. College graduation of self or other person in immediate family.
7. Funeral of a close friend or relative not included in other leave policy.
8. Attendance at ceremonies where the member of the immediate family is
receiving an award of major significance.
9. Other personal or professional appointment that can not be scheduled outside of the work
The Superintendent may authorize absences for other justifiable reasons.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWABLE:
1. Request for extending vacations.
2. Excursions of a social nature.
3. Shopping, fishing, spring cleaning, “mental health”, etc.
4. Seeking gainful employment.
No personal leave shall be granted on a school day preceding or following a school vacation period. Personal leave
shall not be used when a regularly scheduled school meeting or previously announced meeting has been called.
Personal Days are restricted according to board policy guidelines and do not accumulate from year to year.
Personal days may not be used as sick days.
My signature below affirms that the requested leave follows the guidelines specified in the Board
Number of Personal Days Used This Year
Approved Not Approved
Superintendent’s Signature Date
*Board Policy is found in the staff handbook. Revised 8/2006