SK Y2 Unit 2 pg.14
Focus: Listening and Speaking
Topic: Classroom Instructions / Objects in the Classroom (Revision)
Content 1.2 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to listen
Standard: and respond appropriately in formal and informal situations for a variety of
Learning 1.2.1 Able to participate in daily conversations:
Standard: (a) exchange greetings
1.2.2 Able to listen to and follow:
(a) simple instructions in the classroom.
By the end of the lesson, pupils will be able to:
i) greet the teacher and each other;
ii) follow 5 simple instructions in the classroom.
Time: 60 min
Teaching Aids: Flash,mp3,worksheet
Lesson Link: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/songs/quiet-please
Prepare By: Cindy
1. Warm-up: Teacher asks pupils whether they are
excited to be back to school. Teacher points at some
objects in the classroom and asks pupils to name them.
2. Teacher writes the following on the writing board:
- Good morning.
- Stand up.
- Sit down.
- Quiet, please.
- Listen to me.
- Turn to page 1.
3. Teacher plays the song ‘Quiet, please’.
4. Teacher does the actions / gestures for the greetings /
instructions listed. Teacher plays the song again. Pupils
listen to the song and do the actions / gestures with the
5. Teacher explains how to play the ‘Listen to me’ game.
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
(Please find the instructions for
the game in the additional information below).
6. Teacher plays the game with the whole-class. Pupils get
into small groups and play the game with their group
7. Closure: Teacher recites the jazz chant on page 1 of the
textbook with actions. Pupils listen, watch and follow the
Page 2 of 2