SJK Y2 Unit1 pg. 1-2
Focus: Listening and Speaking
Topic: Parts of the House
Content 1.1 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to
Standard: pronounce words and speak confidently with the correct stress,rhythm and
1.1.4 Able to talk about a stimulus with guidance.
By the end of the lesson, pupils will be able to:
i) name different parts of the house correctly.
Time: 60 min
Teaching Aids: Flash,mp3,worksheet
Lesson Link: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/short-stories/the-haunted-house
Prepare By: Cindy
1. Warm-up: Teacher asks pupils about their houses:
i) Where do you watch television in your house?
ii) Do you have a place to study and read at home?
iii) Where does your mother do the cooking?
iv) How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you have in
2. Pupils turn to page 25 of the textbook. Teacher points to
the parts of the house in the picture and says the names of
the places. Pupils listen and repeat after the teacher.
3. Teacher plays the story ‘The Haunted House.’
4. Teacher distributes Activity Sheet (see below). Teacher
gives instructions and plays the story again. Pupils watch
and listen to the story again and complete the task in the
5. Teacher asks questions: Is there a kitchen / bedroom /
study room / kitchen / living room / lab in the haunted
house? Pupils respond with ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.
6. Teacher plays the story again. Pupils check their answers
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
in the Activity Sheet with teacher’s guidance.
7. Closure: Pupils imagine a haunted house and draw the
house on a piece of paper. Pupils share their drawings with
the teacher and their friends.
Page 2 of 2