SK Y2 Unit 1 pg.3
Focus: Listening and Speaking
Topic: Circle of friends
Standard: 1.3 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to
understand and respond to oral texts in a variety of contexts.
Learning 1.3.1 Able to listen to and demonstrate understanding of oral textsb)
Standard: answering simple Wh-Questions
By the end of the lesson pupils will be able to
1. answer at least 2 out of 5 Wh-questions based on the video seen
2. talk about their best friend
Time: 60 min
Teaching Aids: Laptop ,LCD
Lesson Link: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/kids-talk/tell-us-about-your-
Prepare By: Connie Henry Anchangan
1. Teacher shows students a picture or drawing of her best
friend and asks students to ask her questions about her
friend. Write some of the questions on the board. Tell
students that they are going to listen to some other children
talk about their friends.Ask them if the children answer some
of the questions on the board.
2. Students watch the video
3. Teacher asks students these questions;
i) How old is John’s friend?
ii) How old is Owen’s friend?
iii) How old is Lily’s friend?
iv) What does Lily’s friend look like?
v) Where does Lily’s friend live?
(For weaker students’ teacher may use multiple choice
1. John _________how old his friend is.
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
b) does not know
2. Owen’s friend is ____________.
a) 5 years old
b) 7 years old
3. Lily’s friend is_______________.
a) 8 years old
b) 9 years old
4. Lily’s friend is_____________.
5. Lily’s friend has___________.
a) black hair and brown eyes
b) red hair and blue eyes
3. Teacher divides the students into groups and let them
talking about their friends using the sentences below as
This is my friend. His/Her name is___________.
He/She is_______years old.
He /She has________hair and _______eyes.
He/ She is _________(tall /short /thin)
4. Teacher chooses a few students to talk about their friends.
Page 2 of 2