ABCMR Proceedings (cont) AC97-09737
2. The applicant requests, in effect, correction of his military records
to show that he enlisted on 9 September 1997 vice 28 July 1997.
3. The applicant enlisted in the Regular Army on 9 September 1997
in pay grade E-3. However, his DD Form 4/1 shows that he enlisted
on 28 July 1997. Additional documents signed by the applicant and
the enlistment counselor indicate enlistment on 9 September 1997.
4. In an advisory opinion to the Board, the Total Army Personnel
Command (PERSCOM) advised that the applicant’s DD Form 4/1 incorrectly
shows an enlistment date of 28 July 1997. PERSCOM recommended approval
of the applicant’s request by amending his DD Form 4/1 to show that
he enlisted on 9 September 1997.
1. Based on the evidence of record, the applicant enlisted in the
Regular Army on 9 September 1997. However, an error was made on the
DD Form 4/1.
2. In view of the foregoing, it would be appropriate to correct the
applicant’s records as recommended below.
That all of the Department of the Army records related to this case
be corrected by amending the DD Form 4/1, item 5, dated 28 July 1997
to show that he enlisted on 9 September 1997.
GRANT AS STATED IN RECOMMENDATION
GRANT FORMAL HEARING