Youth Ideas: Love
Birds on a Perch
This is a high energy
elimination game for
Valentine's Day where one
couple is eliminated from
play each round until there is
only one couple left.
Every time the Valentine’s
day music stops, participant
must pair up with their
• Valentine’s Day Music – Use
a few romantic tunes or
famous love songs.
• Large open area for people
1. All girls must stand shoulder to
shoulder in a circle facing
2. All the guys form a circle
around them, with each guy
facing his chosen partner
3. Make adjustments so that the
inner and outer circles contain
an equal number of people.
4. Girls and guys must take note
of their Valentine as they will
need to find each other again
every time the music stops.
1. Staying in a circle, the girls begin
2. The guys walk counterclockwise,
also maintaining their circle
around the girls.
3. When the music stops and the
leader calls out “Lovebirds on a
perch”, both circles stop and the
Valentine’s Day couples must
immediately move to find their
4. The guy must get down on one
knee with the other knee
extended so that the girl may sit
on it. The slowest couple to
assume the “Lovebird on a
perch” position is eliminated.
Games and Activities in Celebration
of common Holidays.
Creative Holiday Ideas has over 300 pages of
ideas to help you plan your next New Year’s
Day, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s
Day, Halloween or Fall Festival, and
Thanksgiving event. If you’ve ever wondered
what you’re going to do for all these holidays
and how you’re going to do it, this resource is
=> Tell me more about the Holiday Collection