If you are thinking of taking a family break in Barcelona, are the
activities, outings and day trips available for you to enjoy endless. Or you would
want to frolic in the waves on the beach of Barceloneta, or playing with the
children in Parc Güell, there is definitely an adventure that is an absolute must for
every family a visit to the Catalan capital: the Barcelona Zoo.
Barcelona Zoo is one of the favorite
barcelona tourist attractions for children.
In addition to a large number of animals
there is also a train for children, a restaurant
and a shop to buy souvenirs after the visit.
Located in the green heart of the historical centre of the city, opened the Zoo first
its doors in 1892. Barcelona zoo is the goal of providing a natural habitat for the
species.This Zoo contains a collection of animals of more than 400 different
species from all over the world.
The Zoo also participates in several international and European breeding
programmes and maintenance of endangered species. This Zoo also has dolphin
shows that is not the norm, they run 4 times a day. It takes about 2 hours to do a
tour of the Zoo.
• The activity of the Zoo is based on three main areas: the disclosure, the research
and the protection of animals in danger.
• It houses 4,000 animals belonging to more than 400 species: the descendants of
snowflake, dolphins, cats, tropical birds, reptiles, etc..
• The Zoo offers a wide range of services to enjoy a family day: restaurants, bars,
ponies, drive trains, electric cars, shop, picnic areas.
• Presents large areas of native flora.
• Daily dolphin show in 11: 30 am, 1: 30 and 4: 30 pm.
• Hours of Zoo:
• From January 1 to March 26: 10 h – 17 h.
• From March 27 to May 15: 10 am-18 pm.
• From 16 May to 15 September: 10 am – 7 pm.
• From 16th September to October 29: 10 am-18 pm.
• From 30 October to 31 December: * 10 h – 17 h.
* Only open on 25 December to 14 hours.
• Address: Parc de la Ciutadella s/n. Metro: L1-Arc de Triomphe-L4
Ciutadella Olympic village.
• Validity of post: 3 months from the date of purchase.
How do I get to the Zoo
The Barcelona Zoo is easily accessible from both the Metro line 4 (stop Ciutadella-
Vila Olímpica) and the Metro L1 (Arc de Triomf stop). The Zoo is open from 10 am –
5 pm in the winter, but in summer it stays open until 7: 30 pm. Tickets can be
purchased online or at the gate, with adult tickets cost € 15.40, and children get for
If you visit Barcelona with your family this year, is a trip to the Barcelona Zoo is a
must! A number of generations have gone through this great site, and you will
undoubtedly come across your very own breathtaking moments and make some
cherished memories. So, grab your loved ones, book one of the manyapartments in
Barcelona, head to the Catalan capital for a family experience that you will never