Title I Parent Involvement Program
Homework Help and Study Skills Development
7:00 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2004
1. Introductions of presenters and parents
2. Why do teachers assign homework?
3. Solving homework problems
Small group activity to identify specific homework problems
What works and what doesn’t work for solving problems
4. Making homework less STRESSFUL for everyone
Creating an environment
Homework “survival kit”
What is it?
How do I use it?
5. Homework contract between the student and the parent
What should it contain?
What do I do to individualize it?
6. Wrap-up (Questions and Answers)
Parent Meeting Agenda
[Insert time, date, and location]
…Private school principal and Title I coordinator
2. Introduction of Title I teacher(s)
…Title I coordinator
3. Instruction: curriculum, schedule, and materials
…Title I teacher(s)
4. Questions about the Title I program
…Parents and guardians
5. Group work on reading and mathematics activities to take home
6. Refreshments and meeting other families