Arab Salvage & Survey Office PRE- PURCHASE CONDITION SURVEY
M.V LR No.
SECTION 1 DOCUMENT CONTROL SHEET
STATUS : FINAL REPORT
APPROVED FOR ISSUE . NAME GAYED GOUDA GAYED
SIGNED . G.G.Gayed
CLIENT DETAILS CLIENT CONTACT
Address NAME :
---- CLIENT REFERENCES NO.
Arab Salvage Survey Office , its affiliates and subsidiaries and there employees or
agents are individually and collectively assumes no responsibility and shall not be
liable to any person for any loss , damage or expense caused by reliance on the
information or advice in this document or howsoever provided .
SECTION 2 : CERTIFICATE
Project Pre-Purchase Condition Cert.No.
Client ----- ---------- ------
Client's Order No. Date / /
Inspection Dates First / /
Final / /
This certificate issued to Messrs to certify that the
undersigned Surveyor (s) , did at their request and with the consent of the owner's
representative attend the M/ V of gross tons of LR No.
On May 2012 and subsequent dates while the vessel was laying float
alongside quay No. At Alexandria port for the purpose of
reporting on the condition of the hull , holds , decks , machinery , accommodation ,
life-saving , fire-fighting and navigation equipment .
In as far as the vessel has been seen and examined it is my opinion that the vessel in
satisfactory condition , subject to the comments given in section 3 below .
SIGNED Gayed Gouda Gayed Date / /
This report is a factual statement of the condition of the vessel as found and no
responsibility is accepted as to the suitability of the vessel for its intended service.
SECTION 3 SUMMARY OF SURVEY FINDINGS
Shell Platings :-
- Side shell plating ( P&S ) examined as far as could be whilst ballast vessel was in
light Condition and found free from damage expect scattered intented areas in way
of aft quarter ( P&S) and to a max. depth of about 50 mm. shell plating external
protective coating above water and up to draft marks in good condition .
Weather decks :-
weather decks , superstructure bulkhead and port side shell plating ( vessel found
berthed on her Portside ) , were closely examined and found free of any noticeable
overall condition of the protective coating ranging from good to Fair .
Tanks / Holds :-
- Fore and aft peak tanks , No. 1/2 , No. 3 & 4 ( P,C&S) all uncoated and used for
ballast water , examined , structure found in satisfactory condition .
- No. 34 deep water ballast side tanks found heavily rusted
- structural elements , plating and welding seams , in satisfactory / sound condition as
far as could be seen .
- Rudder trunk examined .trunk space with rudder stock and stuffing box in
satisfactory condition but noted greezing system tubes of rudder stock bearing
partly blocked .
Last class tank inspection report ( held / ) collected copy mailed .
Last full T.M's performed at Alexandria / copy of the report .
- No.1 cargo hold also used as ballast tank was internally inspected and found in
statisfactory but top side and deck head plating found variable rusted and hold
coating generally in fair condition .
- No. 2,3 & 4 tween deck and lawer holds with tween deck covers pontoons and all
side frames in way , found in satisfactory condition without any apparent damages .
- Tween deck & lower holds floors plating uncoated , side shell plating with side
frames coating is in a fair to good condition but hold deck head plating coating
found in poor condition and plating partly rusted ..
- Hatch coaming with brackets there to and top rail , compression bars , hatch
covers with rubber retainers found well maintained , free from any apparent
damages and coating in good condition , also no oil leakage noted from cover
hydraulic operating system .
Hatch covers securing devices ( quick acting cleats ) found all fitted and in sound
- Stern ramp mechanically operated with hydraulic securing locks , examined and
found in satisfactory condition .
- Clean , well lighted , Alleyways free of any obstructions .
- Representative cabins were inspected ( Captain , Chief officer and chief Engineer )
found provided with the necessary commodities ( running water , efficient drainage,
life jacket ).
Safety and contingency instructions posted.
- Galley found clean and in acceptable condition (fire fighting means in position /
extinguishers with minimum requirements of equipment and tool available .
- Provision refrigeration rooms noted clean and with temperature efficient for various
- Food stores satisfactorily arranged .
DECK OUTFIT & LIFE SAVING EQUIPMENT :-
- Main accommodation ladder ( only at starboard side ) found disconnected due to
cargo handling and free of damage .
- Gang ways and bulwark noted in a satisfactory condition ( free of any significant
damage ) .
- Hatchways , air vents ( pipes and heads ) , found in good / sound condition .
- Hydraulic piping serving the hatch cover's manoevering mechanism ( Macgregor
Type ) found satisfactory .
- Life boats ( open type ) , davits , life rafts and life buoys found in place and in
satisfactory condition .
MOORING EQUIPMENT :-
- ( P& S) Forward windless also Stbd Aft windlass and mooring winches found in
satisfactory working condition ( Electric hydraulic systems ) .
- Forward ( P& S ) Anchors also stern anchor ( stated not used ) Chain cables and
mooring ropes examined and found to be in apparent satisfactory
CARGO HANDUNG SYSTEM AND GEAR
- One slewing single mast crane and two slewing twin mast cranes with drivers cabins
arranged as indicated on the general arrangement plan as follow :-
Between holds No. 2 & 3 :
One twin mast crane 360 degree slewing
Lifting capacity 2 x 12.5 Tonnes – working radius 22 m
Between holds No. 3 & 4 :
One twin mast crane 360 degree slewing
Lifting capacity 2 x 25 Tonnes – working at radius 20 m
Aft hold No. 4 Stbd :
One single mast crane :
Lifting capacity :12.5 Tonnes – working radius 20 m
All working radius are stated 15 degree jib inclination
All cranes are electro-hydraulically driven, each crane with 3 variable pitch pumps
hoisting – luffing –and slewing gear .
Slight Hydraulic oil leakage noted from hoses in way of cranes housing .
High hook limit switches of cranes partly out of order.
Main Engine : one B&W , type 5 L 55GF , Two stroke , crosshead , turbocharged
direct reversible max continuous rating 6700 hp at 150 rev./ min developing power to
a fixed pitch propeller .
Running parameters checked from the records and found chief engineer advised of the
following running hours in order since last overhanling .
Unit No.1 : 5761 Hrs
Unit No.2 : 3822 Hrs
Unit No.3 : 1293 Hrs
Unit No.4 : 11102 Hrs
Unit No.5 : 18695 Hrs
Auxiliary Engines :-
- Vessel is provided with three Auxiliary engines
Two 5 in No. cylinders turbocharged diesel engines (B&W) Type 5 T23 LH ( Port
Forward & Aft) and
One in no.3 cylinder turbocharged diesel engine B&W type 3 T 23 LH ( Stbd
Forward ) direct coupled to 2 x 535 KW & one 330 KW generators respectively
440 V, 60 HZ at 720 rev./ min.
- One diesel driven emergency generator 80 KW , 60 H2 .
- The Diesel generators seen in working condition / efficient, with no vibrations also
tested under load and in parallel operations with safety devices satisfactorily .
- Running hours as reported by Chief Engineer:
Since last overhaul Total
No.1 663 112656
No.2 4 110351
No.3 1289 28404
Auxiliary Boiler :
One composite ( Oil Fired & Exhaust Gas ) Aalborg ( Q 5 ) of sufficient capacity for
heating accommodation and bunker oil for heating for main engine and for purifirers
Main Compressors : 2 in no. Hamworthy , Type 2 TF54- 2 stage
Aux. Compressor : 1 in no. Sperry Type HL 2/77 .
SAFETY EQUIPMENT :-
Safety equipment generally examined and found in satisfactory condition and as per
records available on board .
The periodical inspections up to date .
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS :-
- No abnormal functioning was found in the ships records .
- All the tested equipments found operable.
BRIDGE OUTFIT :-
- The navigation aids verified against GMDSS record on board , and found in
satisfactory working condition .
- The statutory requirements ( instruments & on board documentation ) found
OTHETR SPECIFIC ITEMS :-
- Vesssel's SMC : 27-08-2009 ( Issued by LR )
- Company's DOC : valid until 08.01.2008 Issued by LR .
GENERAL REMARKS / COMMRNTS :-
Noticeable efforts to strictly follow the maintenance program ( deck and machinery)
were evidenced .
- The necessary spare parts (machinery & deck maintenance) appear to be
sufficiently provided by the company.
- All the certificate which held on board ( class and statutory ) checked and found
valid , and periodical inspection updated .
SECTION 4 . LOCATION / STATE OF VESSEL
Vessel Examined while moored by her starboard side at quay No. 39 .
Survey commenced whilst vessel was discharging of cargo & completed when she
was completely reloaded .
SECTION 5 . VESSEL DESCRIPTION AND SPECIAL FEATURES .
- Vessel is a single screw multipurpose / Ro-Ro carrier with bulbous bow , transom
stern and balanced rudder of spade type
- Upper deck extends from engine room bullhead to aft of cargo hold No.2 .
- Fore castle deck extends to aft of cargo hold no.2 & poop deck extends from engine
room bulkhead to aft end .
- No.1 cargo hold is above tween deck only , also arranged for water ballast .
- No. 2 ,3 & 4 dry cargo spaces are with tween decks
- Tween deck cargo space aft above engine room No.5
- Ro-Ro access to tween deck by a hinged quarter ramp star board side aft .
SECTION G. PRINCIPAL PARTICULARS
LR Number :
Current Vessel Name :
Yard Numbers :
Year of Build :
Date of Delivery :
Port of Registery :
Official Numbers :
Call Letters :
Type of Vessel :
Length = L.O.A
Length = L.B.P
Breadth ( m )
Draught ( maximum summer )
Displacement ( summer )
Main Engine Type B&W 5 L GFCA- Denmark
Out put at RPM 4928 BHP at 150 RPM
Electric Power Generation & Prime Two B&W 4-5T23LH-535 KW
motor One 3T23LH-330 KW
Emergency Diesel Generator 80 KW
For Draft Survey Calculations
1- Stem and Stern corrections " Perpendiculars "
X = Stem Correction = Lf x Trim
Y= Stern Correction = L x Trim
N.B : La and Lf are usually measured on scale drawing of Vessel .
2- Deformation ( Saging or hoging ) correction
= For'd Draft + Aft Draft + ( 6 x Mid Draft )
= For'd Draft + Aft Draft + ( 4 x Mid Draft )
3- Correction for Density :-
Displacement corrected for Density = Scale Displacement x measured density
Scale density (1025)
4- Displacement corrected for Trim
1- First trim correction ( tonnes ) = Trim ( cm) x LCF (m) x TPC
LBP ( m )
Or = Trim (in) x LCF ft x TPJ
LBP ( ft )
2- Second trim correction ( tonnes ) = Trim ( m)2 x 50x Diff (MCT)
Or = Trim (ft)2 x 6 x Diff ( MCT )
LBP ( ft)
SECTION 7 CLASSIFICATION STATUS OF VESSEL
STATUS LAST SURVEY NEXT SURVEY DATE
STEAM PIPE SURVEY
CONDITION OF CLASS : NONE
PLACE REPORT NO. REMARKS
SECTION 8 . TRADING CERTIFICATES / MANUALS/ LOG BOOKS
STATUS: ISSUED DATED OF DATE OF LAST
BY: ISSUE EXPIRY ENDORCEMENT
CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRY
INTERNATIONAL LOAD LINE
SUEZ CANAL TONNAGE
PASSENGER SHIP SAFETY
ISSUED DATED OF DATE OF LAST
STATUS BY: ISSUE EXPIRY ENDOREEMENT
MINIMUM MANING CERTIFICATE:
CERTIFICATE OF INSURRANCE IN
RESPECT OF LIABILITY FOR OIL
CARRIAGE OF GRAIN :
IMO CERTIFICATE OF FITNESS :
NOXIOUS LIQUID SUBSTANCES :
CARRIAGE OF DANGEROUS
PORT STATE CONTROL :
CLASSIFICATION HULL SURVEY:
MANUALS: GOVERNMENT DATE OF APPROVAL
CARGO GEAR MANUAL Liody's Register 03.09.2003
CARGO GEAR REGISTER 08.03.1983
CARGO SECURING MANUAL
GRAIN LOADING MANUAL
PROCEDURES & ARRANGEMENT
MANUALS ANNEX I / II
SHIPBOARD OIL POLLUTION
TRIM & STABILITY BOOK
LOG BOOKS EXAMINED REMARKS
DECK YES UP TO DATE
MACHINERY YES UP TO DATE
VESSEL NAME :
- 10 -
SECTION 9 DEFENITIONS OF TERMS USED IN THE REPORT :
GENERAL CONDITION :
GOOD 1: Unimpaired condition without significant wear or deviation from
original strength and operational efficiency , no maintenance or repaired
SATISFACTORY 2. Condition with wear and tear and other deficiencies of a mina nature not
requiring correction or repair .
UNSATISFACTORY 3: Condition in which the adequacy of strength and / or operational
efficiency is marginally below acceptable limits or is not doubt .Remeidl
action is required.
POOR 4: Condition of undoubtedly inadequate strength or operation efficiency .
Immediate extensive repair or renewal required to reinstate
COATING CONDITION :
GOOD : 1:Condition with only minor spot rusting affecting not more than 20 % of
areas under consideration e.g on a deck transverse , side transverse , on
the total area of plating and stiffeners on the longitudinal structure
between these components .
FAIR ; 2: Condition with local breakdown at edges of stiffeners and welding
connections and / or light rusting affecting 20 % or more of areas under
POOR: 3: Condition with general breakdown of coating affecting 20 % or more of
areas under consideration or hard scale affecting 10 % or more .
VESSEL NAME :