Scientific Literature Introduction
Review a Paper!
Provide a review of one peer reviewed scientific journal article. You must find the
following information for this paper:
1. Title of paper.
2. Names of authors.
3. Affiliation of authors (what institution are they from)?
4. How would you list this paper in the literature cited section?
5. What question was being addressed?
6. Provide a brief description of the methods used to address the question.
7. Briefly summarize the results – what did they find?
8. Did the results obtained lend themselves to more than one
interpretation? If so, how is this treated in the Discussion? Do you
agree with their treatment of the data?
9. How does this study advance our knowledge of this subject?
10. Suppose you are a reviewer of this paper prior to submission. What
kind of constructive criticism (or words of praise) could you offer the
11. Is there evidence that the authors have previously contributed to
knowledge in their field? Look for other papers with the same authors in the
literature cited section.
This review should be about one page in length. Provide a copy of the paper along with
your review so I can check your accuracy.