TEACHER: XELO MASMANO
EXAMEN SEPTIEMBRE YEAR 11-12
INGLÉS 1º ESO
Para el examen, repasar las unidades abajo indicadas, tanto en la libreta como en el libro, y ejercicios de
la libreta y activity book. Como sabéis la presentación de los ejercicios que tenéis a continuación, es
voluntaria y puede subir vuestra calificación hasta 1 punto. Las traducciones de los textos deben ir en
folios aparte. Los ejercicios que no se pueden realizar en la fotocopia, deben hacerse en el folio,
poniendo el número y copiando el enunciado. El aseo y la presentación de los ejercicios serán tenidos
en cuenta en la nota.
Este consistirá en una prueba práctica, con ejercicios de Reading, Grammar ,Vocabulary, Dialogue,
Listening and Writing . Tenéis que repasar los diálogos de las unidades del segundo trimestre.
Starter Unit , Units 1 and 2 .
Units 3 and 4
Units 5 ,6, 7 and 8.
1. Complete the sentences with the verb TO BE in present.
- The beach …………… cold today. - This bag ………………… heavy.
- …………… you German? No, We…………………., We………….French
- My sister and I ……………………. from Japan.
- The children …………….. at the library.
- I…………… tall, I………………. short.
- The octopus……………….. big and fat.
2. Write negative and interrogative sentences and TO BE. Answer the questions.
- Ronaldo and Raúl/ pop stars (-)
- Paris / in Portugal ( ? )
- My aunt / a teacher (-)
- I / a good student ( ? )
- Your bag/ brown ( ? )
3. Write the Wh-questions and their meaning.
4. Complete the question with the correct wh-question and answer them.
1 is your name? 4 time is it?
2 old are you? 5. pencils do you have?
3 are you from? 6. class are you in?
5. Write questions and true answers with have got .
1.you / a parrot?
2.your dad / blue eyes?
3. the children / bikes?
4.your uncle / a nephew ?
5. your friends/ a notebook ?
6. Complete the dialogue. Use the correct form of have got
A ____________ you ___________ the new David Bisbal CD?
B Yes, ____________ , but I ____________ a CD player! My brother_____________ a great CD player.
A ____________ he __________ a lot of CDs?
B No, ____________, but I have!
A ____________ you __________ a DVD player?
B No, I haven’t. Mum and dad ____________ a computer and we can play DVDs on that.
A ____________ your parents __________ DVDs?
B Yes, they ___________________ a lot of DVDs.
7. Use the Saxon Genitive or of.
1 The students / classroom.
2 coffee/ the cup
3 bikes / The children
4 The film/ the end
5 Books / Luis
6 The car / the colour
7 Samantha / pens
8. Complete the subject pronouns and write the possessive adjectives.
Subject pronouns Possessive adjectives
(1) y___________ ______________
(2) h___________ ______________
(3) s___________ ______________
(4) i___________ ______________
(5) w___________ ______________
(6) t___________ ______________
9. Complete the sentences with a subject pronoun or possessive adjective.
1 The boy’s name is Joe. ________ dog is Fido.
2 Miguel is my friend. ________ lives in my street.
3 The boys like sport. ________ favourite sport is football.
4 I am in class 1B. ________ desk is near the window.
5 Sara and I are students. ________ teacher is
6 Bianca is from Mostoles. ________ is twelve years old.
7 Belén and Julio are from Lanzarote. ________ live in Arrecife.
8 You are good students. ________ desks are near the board.
10. Correct the sentences. There are two mistakes in each sentence.
1 He have got a photo about a pop star.
2 What many films by animals has he got?
3 They hasn’t got posters by the team.
4 Is where the new CD for Beyoncé?
11. Answer the questions about you. Write complete sentences.
1 Have you got a pet?
2 What is your favourite hobby?
3 What is this lesson about?
12 Complete the sentences. Use the comparative form of the adjectives.
This factory is uglier than (ugly) that factory.
1 Today’s homework ____________________ (bad) yesterday’s homework!
2 Parks ____________________ (quiet) city centres.
3 I think English ____________________ (difficult) French.
4 The people here ____________________ (friendly) the people there.
13 Compare the people, places and things. Use the comparative form of five of the adjectives.
old buildings / modern buildings (pretty)
Old buildings are prettier than modern buildings.
1 books / films (interesting)
2 a train / a car (fast)
3 cafés / restaurants (cheap)
4 surfing / skateboarding (dangerous)
14. Translate these adjectives and write the opposite adjectives.
15. Complete the sentences with free time words
1 I prefer meeting friends to ___________________________ on the internet.
2 My favourite football ____________________________ is Real Madrid.
3 He likes ______________________________ and he’s got two bikes!
4 I like reading ____________________________. My favourite writer is JK Rowling.
5 I’m really into __________________________. I like football and handball.
6 Her favourite ________________________________ are rats and dogs.
7 I really like _______________________________ but I haven’t got a good camera.
8 He plays the drums. He’s a ________________________________
16. Write the correct word depending on the definition (Places in town )
1. A building that has a collection, especially of books, for people to read or borrow.
2. Large shop which sells most types of food.
3. A place where children go to be educated
4. a place where meals are prepared and served to customers
5. A room or part of a building in which people work, especially sitting at tables with computers
6. a building or set of buildings where large amounts of products are made using machines
7. a place where people is treated and taken care of by doctors and nurses
8. a small informal restaurant where you can pay to use the Internet
9. a theatre where people pay to watch films
10. a building where you can play different sports
17.Read the text. Are the sentences true (T) or false (F)?
Alex and his family
Alex is twelve years old and he’s from Cadiz. He lives with his mum, Lucía, his dad, Juan and his sister. Her name
is Paloma and she’s nine. Alex and Paloma have got two grandmas and one grandad.
Alex and his sister have got black hair. Alex’s eyes are brown but Paloma’s eyes are green.
Alex’s family has got a dog and a cat. The dog is brown and its name is Laika and the cat is white and its name is
Alex’s dad has got a brother. His name is Carlos but he isn’t from Cadiz. He’s from Málaga.
1 Alex’s mum’s name is Lucía.
2 Alex’s sister is twelve.
3 Paloma has got two grandads.
4 Alex and Paloma have got brown eyes.
5 Alex’s uncle’s name is Carlos.
18. Write the following verbs in the 3 person singular present time.
- Copy: -Go: Smile: Take: Fly:
- Wash: - Teach: Eat: Have: Pass:
19. Write the sentences in the present simple affirmative.
1.Maria and Fred/ do / Karate / every Saturday. 2.Sandra / study/ Geography on Mondays.
3.I / go/ with my friends/ at the weekends. 4. A big lion / eat / a bone.
5.We / live / in a big house. 6.Thomas / speak/ on the phone/ every day.
20. Fill in the gaps with the negative present simple.
1. The students .............................. ( read ) a book on Sunday morning.
2. Emma.......................... ( go) to bed at nine o’clock.
3. My grandparents .............................. (have) dinner for their children on Saturday.
4. I ..............................( brush) my teeth every morning.
5. Peter.............................( play) the piano after school.
21. Complete the text. Use the present simple form of the verbs in the box.
think say get up watch do
listen sleep play study like
My brother and I are very different. I (1) _______________ at nine o’clock at the weekend but my brother (2)
_______________ until twelve o’clock! My brother (3) _______________ TV but I (4) _______________ video
games. I (5) _______________ for my exams and my brother (6) _______________ to music. He (7)
_______________ pop music, but I (8) _______________ it’s terrible!
Everything we (9) _______________ is different. My mum and dad (10) _______________ we’re brothers but I’m
not so sure!
22. Put the words in order to form correct sentences.
a. in / I / coffee / the / do / drink / morning / where?
b. on / you / time / get/ Sundays / do / up / What ?
c. your / does / sister / study/ night /at / ?
d. evening/ mother / in/ does/ our/ TV/ the/ watch?
23. Write sentences about you, your teacher and your school. Use the affirmative or negative form of the
I / write I don’t write emails in English.
I write in English every day.
1 I / copy ________________________________
2 my teacher / answer ______________________
3 classes / finish ___________________________
4 I / memorize ____________________________
5 I / understand ___________________________
24. Complete the sentences with a country, nationality or language.
1 I’m from Rome. I am _______________.
2 People speak _______________ in Australia.
3 _______________ is north of the USA.
4 People speak _______________ in Spain and Argentina.
5 Most _____________ people speak Mandarin.
6 She comes from the UK. She’s _____________.
25. Write a list of 25 countries, their nationalities and languages.
Ex. Spain – Spanish- Spanish
26. Complete these sentences with the correct words. ( you can’t repeat)
- Six nationalities ending in –ian / an :
-Six Languages spoken in Asia or Africa:
- Six nationalities ending in – ish
- Six European countries:
27. Complete the sentences. Write seasons or months.
1 The month after July is _______________. 2 May is in the season of _______________.
3 Christmas is in the month of _______________. 4. The month after October is _______________.
5 The season when it’s cold is _______________.
6 After the summer holidays, students go back to school in the month of _______________.
7 San Juan is in the month of _______________. 8 The season after summer is _______________.
9 The month at the start of the year is _______________. 10 The month of _______________ sometimes
has 29 days.
28. Write the following dates
1 03 / 08
2 your birthday:
3 Christmas Day:
4 New Year’s Day :
5 St. Joseph’s Day
29. Write a sentence (8 words) with these daily routine verbs
Help walk wash have lunch exercise
30. Read the text. Answer the questions.
Sonia’s classroom is quite different from a normal classroom.
There isn’t a board because all the lessons are on DVD, so there’s a TV and DVD player. Also there aren’t any
chairs and there’s only one table opposite the door. The table is for the TV and DVD player.
All the students sit on the floor or stand up and the teacher does the same. It’s not a problem to sit on the floor
because there’s a nice carpet. The classroom has got four big windows and so there’s lots of light. There are two
small plants under a window and a big plant next to the table. There are lots of coloured posters on the walls. Sonia
likes her classroom – it’s great!
1 Is Sonia’s classroom typical?
2 Is there a board?
3 Where is the DVD player?
4 How many tables are there?
5 Where is the table?
6 Are there any chairs?
7 How many plants are there?
8 Where are the small plants?
9 Are there any posters?
10 Does Sonia like her classroom?
31. Write sentences. Use the present continuous affirmative.
- You / read / my book - Jenny / watch / TV - My dad / sleep / on the sofa
- We / swim / with our friends - I / listen / to music - The sun / shine / at the moment
- 10 -
- Alex / cook / dinner / this evening - They / have / a party - You / eat / my pizza!
- She / write / to her uncle.
32. Complete the paragraph. Use the present continuous negative.
Elena ________________________ ( phone) her friends at the moment. Enrique and
Marina___________________ (study). I ______ ___________ (do ) my homework and I _________ ________ (
listen) to my CDs. Mum and Dad ____________________ (have) dinner and they ___________ ________
(read) the newspapers. The dog_____________________ (sleep) . Why not? Because we’re all watching football
on TV. We______________________ (talk) – Spain are playing Brazil!
33. Write questions and short answers in present continuous.
1. two dogs / play / in your school?
A: No, ________________________________________
2. Maria / get up / now?
A: Yes, ________________________________________
3.your friends / sit / on their chairs?
A: Yes, ________________________________________
A: No, ________________________________________
4.your teacher / dance / in the classroom?
A: No, _______________________________________
34.Write about the people and the weather. Use the present continuous.
People Activity Weather
Tony walk windy
Mick play tennis sunny
Andy swim cloudy
Rosa and Ali have a picnic sunny
Marisa and Jo run foggy
- 11 -
Sandra ski snowing
Tony isn’t walking because it’s windy.
1 Mick ___________________________
2 Rosa and Ali _____________________
3 Andy ___________________________
4 Marisa and Jo ____________________
5 Sandra __________________________
35 Correct the mistakes. One sentence is correct.
1 I am usually getting up early.
2 They aren’t running now.
3 He is studying every day.
4 We don’t read at the moment.
5 The seals are often eating fish.
6 They make dinner now.
36 Complete the sentences with an animal or bird.
1 A ________________ is bigger than any other animal in the world. It isn’t a fish but it lives in
2 A ________________ is an insect. They fly from flower to flower. They make a food which some people eat
3 A ________________ is a bird. Some of these birds are red, yellow, orange or blue. Some people teach
these birds to speak.
4 A ________________ is green. It jumps, and it likes water. It eats insects.
5 Some people think a ________________ looks like a human! These animals like bananas.
6 A ________________ lives in the sea. It has got lots of ‘legs’ called tentacles. People eat it in restaurants.
37 Complete the sentences with the verbs from animal survival
1 Lots of animals eat mice. Mice ______________ these animals.
2 Some animals ______________ colour. One day, they are orange. The next day, they are green!
3 Some animals are dangerous. They ______________ humans.
- 12 -
4 Animals and birds ______________ their babies from bigger animals or birds.
5 The frog doesn’t always catch the flies. The flies sometimes ______________!
6 Every day the elephants ______________ water.
7 Crocodiles ______________ lots of different animals, including people!
38. Complete the sentences with was or were.
1 I ________ very happy at the party last night.
2 Lisa ________ in our class last year.
3 You ________ at home with your family yesterday.
4 They ________ at the beach last weekend.
5 He ________with me in the park yesterday.
6 We ________ in the kitchen at nine o’clock this morning
39. Write negative sentences in the past.
They / be / at home yesterday.
They weren’t at home yesterday.
1 You / not be / at school last week.
2 They /not be / in Paris last weekend.
3 I / not be / with Kerry yesterday.
4 Mike / not be / at my house last night.
5 We / not be / there yesterday.
6 She / not be / in the park yesterday.
40. Write the sentences of the previous exercise in interrogative.
They / be / at home yesterday.
Where they at home yesterday?
41. Write the correct word depending on the definition ( school subjects )
1. The study of numbers, shapes and space using reason and a special system of symbols and rules.
2. The study of past events especially of a particular period, country or subject
- 13 -
3. The study of world's weather, mountains, seas, lakes
4. The activity of painting, drawing and making sculpture
5. The study of the language that is spoken in the UK, the USA, and in many other countries
6. The systematic study the physical world, especially by watching and doing experiments
7. The study of computers and how they can be used
8. Classes at school in which children do exercise and learn to play sport
42. Read the text and translate it. Are the sentences true (T) or false (F)?
My grandparents’ school
When my grandparents were children, some school subjects were different. French was the normal foreign
language in Spanish schools then. Now everybody learns English and only some people learn French. There
weren’t usually any TVs in the school and there weren’t any CD players, so foreign language lessons weren’t fun!
Science was a school subject but the way you study it now is very different. Also, computer studies wasn’t a school
subject because there weren’t any computers!
Some subjects were the same as now, like geography. Art and music lessons were also similar - most people don’t
study pop music at school! Were there exams when my grandparents were at school? Of course there were!
In my grandparents’ school …
1 there were computers. T/F
2 there were French lessons. T/F
3 there was usually a TV. T / F
4 art was the same. T/F
5 there was pop music. T/F
43. Write the sentences in the past. Are these verbs regular or irregular?
1 Pete lives in Brazil.
2 They study all day Friday.
3 She stops working at six o’clock.
4 The teacher arrives late.
5 The boy hurries back home.
6 I carry the bags for my mum.
44. Complete the sentences. Use the past simple form of the verbs in brackets.
1 Tom _______________ (have) breakfast at eight o’clock.
2 They _______________ (sleep) all day.
3 I _______________(go) to the beach last week.
4 She _______________ (eat) a sandwich.
5 We _______________ (see) a ghost last night!
- 14 -
6 I _______________ (chat) to my friends.
7 Sara _______________ (study) for her exam.
45. Complete the text. Use the past simple form of the verbs in the box.
listen love eat have be see sleep live go drink
When I (1) ____________ eight I (2) ____________ to my grandparents’ house for two weeks. They (3)
____________ in a village high in the mountains and that was the first time I (4) ____________ snow!
We (5) ____________ to grandad’s old radio every evening because there wasn't a TV!
At night I (6) ____________ in a very big bed.
We (7) ____________ really good food and we (8) ____________ fresh milk from grandma’s cow. I (9)
____________ a great time there! I really (10) ____________ that visit to my grandparents
46. Which of these verbs are regular and which are irregular? Classify them and write them in past
simple and the meaning.
Discover, buy, tell, forget, start, investigate, sing, win , drive, shop, sit, teach, cut.
47. Write a sentence for the jobs in unit 7 page 62
48. Write and translate 15 adjectives describing appearance unit 8 page 78
- 15 -
- 16 -