Time: 3 Hours, (Maximum Marks: 60)
Note :- Section A is compulsory. Attempt any Four questions from Section B and any
Two questions from Section C.
(Marks: 2 Each)
1. (a) List the sequence of events that occur when 8085 reads from memory.
(b) In opcode fetch machine cycle, what are the control and status signals asserted
by 8085 to enable
(c)List the four categories of 8085 instructions that manipulate data.
(d)How does the microprocessor differentiate between a positive number, a
negative number and a bit
(e) Where is the address of next instruction stored after CALL instruction has been
executed? How is the
controlled transferred to this location after completion of subroutine?
(f) List the various registers available in 8086.
(g) What is the difference between control and status register?
(h) Specify the conditions to start the counter.
(i) List the interrupts of 8085.
(j) List features of 8271 floppy disk controller.
(Marks: 5 Each)
2. Draw the block diagram of 8255 (Programmable Peripheral Interface). Discuss its
3. Draw the block diagram of DMA controller. Explain its control word.
4. Write an assembly language programs to arrange N numbers in ascending order.
5. Write an assembly language program to find all the negative numbers in a list of N
the sum of all the negative numbers.
6. Give a setup to interface keyboard/display device with 8085.
(Marks: 10 Each)
7. Draw the block diagram of 8055 and explain its working.
8.Discuss the interrupt structure of 8085.
9.Draw the functional block diagram of 8086. Discuss the concept of pipeline.