Welcome to Health and Temperance at The Market Street Church!
Our Mission Statement is:
Because our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, the Health Ministry of
The Market Street SDA Church aims to encourage and foster health and
wellness in our church and community.
Our Goal is:
To increase the dissemination of health education materials and programs
to the church and community.
Our Objectives are to:
1. Distribute health related bulletins at church at least monthly
2. Provide information and access to CPR/First Aid classes at least
quarterly to church members and community neighbors
3. Provide health seminars to church and community
4. Provide support to ill church members within our assigned scope
5. Establish support groups for the bereaved
6. Resume health specific presentations from the platform during church
7. Assist with the organization and execution of our Annual Community
Your Health Team Members are:
Erna Josiah-Davis, Leader,
Du Priest Hill---Dr. Mary Brown,
Monique Chancellor---Clarice Pippins,
Theresa Moore---Alfreda Daniels,
Dr. Stella Robinson---Paula Weir
Contact Info: (510)251-2328
The following links are provided for your benefit. Please be blessed as you visit them to
your incresed health and to the glory of God our Father.
General Conference of SDA Health Ministries Department:
Information on CPR/First Aid and Disaster Training:
Health Programs developed for African American churches:
Adventist Health Study 2:
MARCH IS NATIONAL NUTRITION MONTH!
What will you do this month to improve your nutrition? See below for ideas.
Click here for nutrition information for everyone in your family:
Infant Feeding Guidelines (English):
Infant Feeding Guidelines (spanish):