FB/Twitter posts for National Rural Health Day
1. Mark your calendars for the first ever National Rural Health Day on November 17, 2011. Only
30 days away! Comment or like if you support it!
2. NOSORH, State Offices of Rural Health and their partners have set aside November 17, 2011, to
showcase Rural America; increase awareness of the unique healthcare issues facing rural
communities; and highlight the efforts of State Offices of Rural Health and others to address
3. Rural communities have high expectations to deliver the same quality care and amenities as
urban communities. What better way to show our appreciation to these areas than joining in on
the festivities on November 17 for National Rural Health Day.
4. Help us celebrate November 17 as the first National Rural Health Day!
5. Show your support for the Power of Rural on November 17, 2011 in honoring National Rural
Health Day. Rural communities are a great place to work and live, and have been making great
improvements to strengthen the health of the people living there.
6. National Rural Health Day will help increase awareness of rural health-related issues and
promote the efforts of State Offices of Rural Health and NOSORH.
7. Recognize the Power of Rural Health in just 24 days!!
8. Show your appreciation to the rural health staff members who are dedicated to improving
health opportunities and outcomes for rural Americans. Celebrate National Rural Health Day,
November 17, 2011!
9. Spread the word! Tell a neighbor or friend about the first ever Rural Health Day across America,
to be held on November 17, 2011! For more information visit http://celebratepowerofrural.org/
10. We know there are improvements to be made in rural health, but there is much to be able to
celebrate- We invite you to join us on November 17!
11. National Rural Health Day in ## days! Did you know: There are 4,118 primary care Health
Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) in rural and frontier areas of all U.S. states and territories
compared to 1,960 in metropolitan areas.
12. The first ever National Rural Health Day is in 19 days. One way to celebrate is by writing a letter
to the editor or contact a local legislator to stress the significance of discussing the needs of
13. Communities in rural areas are great places to work and live so show your gratitude to those
diligent rural citizens by taking part in National Rural Health Day.
14. Help make this a special day for the rural communities by honoring the unselfish, hardworking
attitude found in rural America.
15. Approximately 62 million people (almost one in five people) live in rural areas. The Center for
Rural Health and 62 million Rural Americans would like to thank you for “Celebrating the Power
16. Did you know: Rural Americans live on 80% of the United States’ total land area, however make
up only 20% of its population? National Rural Health Day is a day set aside by the National
Organization of State Offices of Rural Health and its partners to "Celebrate the Power of Rural!"
17. National Rural Health Day is to be held on November 17, 2011. Some issues rural communities
face include: accessibility issues, a lack of healthcare providers, growing percentages of
uninsured and underinsured citizens among other challenges.
18. Get into the spirit of Thanksgiving a week early! Let’s be grateful for the hard work and
commitment put forth by rural areas to addressing health care needs and better serving
patients on November 17, National Rural Health Day.
19. Alone in North Dakota rural communities make up 44% of the population. Tell someone who is
helping make a difference in the quality of health care for our rural neighbors thanks and
celebrate National Rural Health Day in 12 days.
20. 11 Days until National Rural Health Day! Healthcare in rural America is uniquely designed for
that community because each community is different. Therefore staff and programs need to be
flexible to resolve and tackle these issues.
21. 10 Days!! One issue impacting rural health in North Dakota is: they have a heavy reliance on
volunteers for emergency medical services however are faced with shortages of these
22. 9 days until the first ever National Rural Health Day. You don’t have to live in a rural area to get
involved. You can simply post a message of support for rural health workers!
23. National Rural Health Day in ## days! In North Dakota, Flex programs helps rural health care by
strengthening critical access hospital which mains access to care for rural ND residents.
24. 1 Week away! National Rural Health Day will help promote the incredible healthcare
opportunities available in rural America.
25. 6 Days until National Rural Health Day! Here are some ideas to help celebrate: do something
“healthy” that day – eat more vegetables, bike instead of drive to work, get your cholesterol
checked, get a flu shot, stretch for 10 minutes in the morning, etc.
26. Only 5 days before the big day! Another way to celebrate this special day is to plan a group jog
or some type of active activity with friends.
27. Celebrate the Power of Rural! 4 days away! Rural hospitals are typically the main employer of
their communities. Every dollar spent on rural hospitals generates about $2.29 for the local
28. Just 3 days away! Let’s make this event a HUGE SUCCESS! Let us know how you plan to
celebrate National Rural Health Day.
29. 2 Days until National Rural Health Day! Did you know: Since the program Small Hospital
Improvement Program (SHIP) started in 2002, over $2.87 million in grants have been received by
ND critical access hospitals. SHIP provides financial assistance to small rural hospitals to
improve quality of care for rural residents.
30. Tomorrow is the Big Day! Last chance to spread the word about National Rural Health Day. Post
it as your status or tweet about it. Share your ideas for how you are going to celebrate.
31. It’s Finally Here! The Wait Is Over!! Happy National Rural Health Day! A Big Thanks to all those
who are so dedicated to serving and working for the rural healthcare systems! Very little would
be possible without you!