Assuring program quality
• The organizational
MCH in Developing Countries 2-8-11
Assuring quality of care
What are the key roles of supervisors?
• Legitimation, protecting role integrity
• Education and guidance
• Helping solve problems
• Technical assistance
• Monitoring and control
Some ideas for overcoming
obstacles to effective supervison
• Change from idea of one-way ‘supervision’
to that of a two-way exchange - ‘support’
• Model it!
• Build supervision into a routine --
re-evaluate the mechanisms available
• Involve effective trainers in supervision
• Establish health system commitment to field
The Organizational Chart
HIV Program Manager
Program Officer Program Officer Administrator/Office Manager
Health Unit Community
Is training needed….?
What is a training plan? What should be included?