R i char d R . Hohn
100 Carl Williams Rd.
Jacksonville, NC 28540
(910) 938-2659 Home
(910) 330-3414 Mobile
Extensive experience in administration as office manager, administrative supervisor, and technical trainer. Technical
expert in the area of word processing, database software packages, and human resource procedures. Manage the most
complex and sensitive administrative and legal matters with carefulness and ease. Able to thrive in extreme
environments. Exceptional leader showing concern and helping subordinates grow. Trusted advisor and innovator—
make a difference wherever assigned. Considered administrative expert by senior leaders throughout the service. Clear
and concise communicator. Computer skills include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, and
Outlook as well as numerous military and Department of Defense software applications. Top Secret Security
Technical Trainer III, ITT Exelis, Inc., Camp Johnson, NC, 06/2011 – Present
Instruct students on the use and functionality of the Oracle 11i e-Business Suite and 12 Global Combat Support System
– Marine Corps (GCSS-MC) courses including supply chain management, finance, user account management, and
logistics planning courses. Review updated course materials for course content, accuracy, and functionality. Charged
with ensuring classrooms are setup/breakdown in four different states and also accountable for inventory of Mobile
Training Suites and refreshing of course data on Mobile Training Suites. Participate in many train-the-trainer events.
▪ Successfully trained 1,500+ students in 135+ classes to date.
United States Marine Corps, 10/1986 – 07/2011
Administrative Supervisor, 2nd MEF Headquarters Group, Camp Lejeune, NC, 01/2010 – 07/2011
Contributed to the management of administrative section with oversight for all official command correspondence,
promotions, awards, postal, Defense Travel System (DTS) requirements and legal administration supporting 4,000
personnel. Supervised, mentored and instructed 20 personnel in the administrative section.
▪ Oversaw processing of 250+ awards, numerous administrative separations, courts-martial, and non-judicial
▪ Other assignments included serving as II MHG Adjutant, II MHG Sergeant Major, and First Sergeant during
▪ Also served as Assistant Postal Officer, Casualty Officer, and Assistant Official Mail Manager.
▪ Assisted with command legal affairs and coordinated activities with the Judge Advocate Office and Legal
Service and Support Team.
Administrative Supervisor, Headquarters 6th Marine Corps District, Parris Island, Beaufort, SC, 04/2008 – 01/2010
Managed the administrative section preparing command correspondence, fitness reports, awards, directives, postal and
legal activities for 1000 personnel in eight different geographical locations. Served as link between the eight locations
working with eight Administrative Chiefs, one Prior Service Recruiting, and the District Headquarters. Coordinated
formal school requests with higher headquarters for all locations. Served as administrative advisor for the
Commanding Officer Inspection Team.
▪ Supervised daily activities of 20 personnel in 9 different locations.
▪ Conducted Commanding Officer inspections and provided guidance and instruction to improve performance.
▪ Conducted on-site visit for new Recruiting Station’s Administrative Chiefs.
▪ Other assignments included District Adjutant and District Sergeant Major during absences.
▪ Also served as Uniformed Victim Advocate, Casualty Assistance Officer, and Assistant Official Mail
Administrative Supervisor, Division Personnel Administration Center (DPAC), Camp Lejeune, NC, 12/2007 –
Oversaw the correctness, care and maintenance, custody and accuracy of 22,000 service records and officer
qualification records. Supervised maintenance and filing of documents generated by all sections of DPAC. Supervised
authorized release of requested records to the various units served by the 2d Marine Division and the proper reporting
of unit diary entries into the Marine Corps Total Force System. Trained and led 20 personnel in the DPAC Operations
▪ Audited service records on 22,000 with a 99.98 percent accountability.
▪ Restructured the Operations Section by realigning assigned personnel and revising the work flow creating
▪ Improved morale by establishing more incentives for off duty time for those who exceeded in performance and
in their knowledge of the history of the Marine Corps.
Administrative and Military Advisor, Military Transition Team (MITT), Fallujah, Iraq, 01/2007 – 12/2007
Served as Senior Enlisted Advisor for the 2d Brigade of the 1st Iraqi Army Division. Trained, coached and mentored
the administrative officer and office personnel as well as the brigade legal officer and legal office personnel.
Coordinated Iraqi Army personnel and transition teams, Iraqi administration, manpower and personnel, legal, and pay
issues. Trained and mentored daily with Iraqi counterparts in the personnel, legal, and pay sections. Assisted with
reporting of relevant personnel matters to the Iraqi Ministry of Defense. Submitted various personnel reports to the
Multi-National Forces-West, Multi-National Corps-Iraq and other organizations. Coordinated Coalition Forces on pay,
leave, awards, personnel and mail issues for all MITT personnel. Coordinated with Fallujah Development Center to
issue identification badges to various Iraqi personnel. Participated in over 45 combat patrols.
▪ Improved processes used by the Iraqi Army to track personnel and pay problems which led to significant
reduction of corrupt Iraqi leadership and historic 87 percent decrease in Iraqi roster and disbursing
▪ Assisted Iraqis with new personnel tracking.
▪ Handled all administrative problems and issues for about 100 personnel in the brigade and battalion military
▪ Tracked award packages and ensured accuracy and successful awarding.
▪ Completed 21+ convoys serving as vehicle and mission commander on several convoys.
▪ Also served as Assistant Postal Officer, Casualty Officer, and Assistant Official Mail Manager.
Administrative Analyst, Marine Corps Administrative Analysis Team (MCAAT), 06/2004 – 01/2007
Evaluated internal controls and service records of administrative units and finance offices. Instructed personnel
regarding administration of pay and allowances. Prepared reports developed from formal analysis and mobile training
visits which gave specific findings and recommendations. Managed analyses and training visits to active and reserve
component units. Researched and briefed all changes to the various units in the Camp Lejeune area.
▪ Participated in 111 administrative analyses at active and reserve component units and three consolidated
▪ Participated in 15 mobile training visits.
▪ Prepared the inspection results for forwarding to the Commandant of the Marine Corps.
▪ Assisted in updating the MCAAT inspection checklist.
2 Richard R. Hohn
▪ Prepared classroom presentations via PowerPoint for MCAAT workshops.
Instructor, Personnel Administration School, Camp Johnson, NC, 07/2001 – 06/2004
Instructed entry level to career level personnel to qualify in basic administrative and advanced occupational specialties.
Also instructed in the unit diary preparation, ODSE (Operational Data Set Enterprise) database management and pay
entry and active duty base date. Evaluated student performance and made recommendations for mastery of
occupational skills. Created and updated lesson plans, student materials, practical applications and media. Prepared
student fitness reports. Conducted physical training sessions and administered physical fitness tests.
▪ Instructed seven entry level courses for students ranging from private to sergeant.
▪ Instructed nine career level courses for students ranging from lieutenants to major and noncommissioned
officers to gunnery sergeant.
▪ Revised, created, and developed new lesson plans, student outlines, and PowerPoint media presentation for the
Reserve Administration course in accordance with Systems Approach to Training Manual.
▪ Conducted six two-week Reserve Administration Course for 100+ Reserve and Active Duty administrators.
▪ Key participant in transitioning from the Reserve Administration Course to the distance learning product, a
program of instruction saving $375,000 annually since students would no longer require resident training.
Professional Training/Certifications/Systems Expertise
Professional Training: Systems Expertise:
AT Level 1 Awareness Training – 05/2008 Microsoft Office Applications: Access, Excel, Outlook,
USMC Uniformed Victim Advocate Training – 05/2008 PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word
Advance Leadership Training (Staff NCO Academy) Global Combat Support System – Marine Corps (GCSS-
Leadership Training (Staff NCO Academy) MC)
Formal School Instructor Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS)
Marine Corps Martial Arts Program, Tan Belt – 10/2002 Operational Data Store Enterprise (ODSE)
Advanced Personnel Administrative Course – Honor Marine On-Line Web System (MOL)
Graduate Oracle 11i
Intermediate Personnel Administrative Course Defense Travel System (DTS)
Document Tracking and Management System (DTMS)
Improved Awards Processing System, HQMC (IAPS)
Unit Diary/Marine Integrated Personnel System
Certifications: Defense Casualty Information Processing System
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified (DCIPS)
Share Point Designer 2007 – Fundamentals Automated Performance Evaluation System (APES)
Meritorious Service Medal Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (4) Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (5) Armed Forces Service Medal
Letter of Appreciation (10) Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia)
Certificate of Appreciation (3) Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait)
Meritorious Mast (4) NATO Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal Southwest Asia Service Medal
3 Richard R. Hohn