QUOTATIONS TENDER NOTICE
RAJYA SABHA SECRETARIAT
Subject: Tender Notice for award of contract for conversion of DVC Pro – 126
minutes tapes into DVDs.
Sealed tenders are invited from experienced and resourceful contractors for the
conversion of DVC Pro-126 minutes tapes containing the recorded proceedings of Rajya
Sabha into DVDs (i.e. one master copy, 3 duplicate copies, opening frame and
expunctions portion) for the year 2011-2012. The opening frame which appears at the
commencement of each DVDs will contain the Parliament Logo, Time, Date, Month and
Year. The expunged frame is the indication where there is a direction from Presiding
Officer that certain portions of speech of Member will not go on records. The DVDs will
be prepared on Sony/Samsung/EMTEC/Moserbaer make DVDs. The tender should be
accompanied by a Bank Draft of Rs.15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen thousand only) drawn in
favour of the Joint Director, Rajya Sabha Secretariat as earnest money. The tender
without earnest money shall be rejected summarily. The detailed terms and conditions
are available on the website and can also be had on all working days from Lobby Office,
Room No.121-A, 3rd Floor, Parliament House, New Delhi.
No form/Proforma has been prescribed for submission of tender. The interested
parties may, submit the quotations on their letter head/paper mentioning the amount both
in words and figures and other terms and conditions. Tender should be submitted in
sealed cover, addressed to Shri S.K. Ganguli, Joint Secretary, Room No.28-A, Ground
Floor, Parliament House, New Delhi. The last date for receipt of tender is Thursday,
14th July, 2011 upto 3-00 p.m. The envelope should be marked “Tender for conversion
of DVC Pro-126 minutes tapes into DVDs”. The earnest money draft should be kept in a
separate envelope and both the envelopes should be kept in another envelope. The tender
without the Earnest money draft shall not be opened and shall be summarily rejected. No
tender will, thereafter, be accepted under any circumstances.
RAJYA SABHA SECRETARIAT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CONVERSION OF DVC-Pro 126
MINUTES TAPES INTO DVD’S
1. The Awarded Tenderer will prepare the copies with full regard to
prohibition on unauthorized duplication. They will not retain the record
after preparing the DVDs. They will maintain absolute secrecy and
sensitivity of the work.
2. No editing of the record will be allowed except the following:-
i. Introductory 10 seconds frame ( in approved design ) at the start of
each DVD showing a introductory Logo shot and the Session day
ii. Removal of portions where video and audio both have been blanked
out due to end of transmission/sittings. While forwarding the DVD
the tenderers will in their forwarding letter give the specific location
and the extent of edition of video/audio record.
3. A standard DVD of 4.7 GB may be used for making DVDs of the
proceedings from DVC Pro.
4. The bit rate of 3000 kilobits per second may be used for creating a DVD
if the House runs for six hours a day. In other words, two DVDs per
day for creating video record for the entire day, if the House runs for six
hours a day.
5. If on a particular day the House runs for only one hour to one and a half
hour, then only one DVD may be created at 6000 kilobits per second.
6. In the tender document, rate for an hour of video recording on DVD may
be given and for part hour, Pro-rata rate shall be used.
7. All DVDs will bear a distinctive label having the proceedings day and
time and reference number(s) of the DVC Pro-126 minutes tapes. The
pre-printed labels will be supplied by the Secretariat.
8. DVDs should be of Sony Make (In case Sony Make is not available,
Samsung/EMTEC/Moserbaer Make) along with plastic cover of
standard design, after inserting the pre printed label.
9. At the time of preparing DVD from DVC pro-126 minutes tapes, care
must be taken that once adjournment of the House is shown in the tape,
the previous day’s proceedings may not be recorded in the DVD as
DVC pro-126 minutes tapes for the next day may sometime contain the
proceedings of previous day.
10. One Master copy and three duplicate copies of the DVDs are required to
be prepared. The date and time of the proceedings will be entered on
the non playing surface of the DVDs and on the pre printed labels.
11. The DVDs shall be capable of being played on both Computer and all
DVD players and shall be of good quality.
12. Ten per cent amount will be deducted per day if the work is not
completed within the specified time, i.e., 2 days in normal case and 1
day in exceptional case.
13. In case of material damage to the DVC Pro-126 minutes tapes, the
Secretariat reserves the right to deduct the whole or a part of the security
deposit and such dues of the company as may be deemed appropriate to
the circumstances, besides cancelling the contract.
14. In case, the Company refuses to perform the work before the completion
of period of contract, any request for refund of Earnest money deposited
shall be summarily rejected.
15. The DVC Pro-126 minutes tapes shall be collected from Lobby Office,
Room No. 121-A, 3rd Floor, Parliament House, on a weekly basis and
the recorded DVDs and tapes shall be handed over every week along
with list against receipt.
16. In case of urgent requirement the vendor will be asked to supply
recorded DVDs at short notice or on the same day.
17. Before awarding the tender to the lowest rate quoting tenderer the
officials of the Secretariat shall visit his studio for inspection of the
latest technology/instrument with regard to conversion of DVC Pro-126
minutes tapes into DVDs as per the requirement of the Rajya Sabha