New RV Navigation App: SmartRVRoute Maps Updated Daily
SmartRVRoute app offers special settings for RV drivers allowing configuration of any class RV or
trailer. The driver can enter any height and weight configuration and the phone or tablet GPS will
route the driver on roads suitable for RV travel avoiding low bridges and weight restricted areas. In
addition, the GPS will avoid tunnels and parkways when appropriate.
Boston, MA, January 23, 2013 --(PR.com)-- Driving a Recreational Vehicle (RV) can be dangerous and
complicated, a new navigation app makes the process safer. Recognizing the specialized navigation needs
of Truckers and RV'ers, TeleType pioneered the use of portable GPS for truck and RV navigation
beginning in 2008. Now the company has released an RV centric navigation program called
SmartRVroute The app offers special settings for RV drivers allowing configuration of any class RV or
trailer. The driver can enter any height and weight configuration and the GPS will route the driver on
roads suitable for RV travel avoiding low bridges and weight restricted areas. In addition, the GPS will
avoid tunnels and parkways when appropriate.
The SmartRVroute app connects to in-house routing servers located in Boston, Massachusetts to allow
RV drivers to use the built-in GPS of the phone or tablet to create RV specific routes with the added
benefits of live map updates and live traffic. The software takes into account RV restrictions as well as
the vehicle height and weight. SmartRVroute helps drivers avoid costly tickets and provides additional
safety. Turn by turn visual and voice instructions allow the driver to use the handset hands free when
According to Ed Friedman, Project Manager, TeleType, “We are pleased to provide a cost effective and
convenient way to obtain instant RV specific routes for navigation. Offering subscriptions starting at $19
for a month, any RV'er can afford to drive with proper navigation tools.”
SmartRVroute Key Features and Benefits:
· Quick method of validating an RV route with the convenience of using smartphones or tablets.
· Use built-in GPS for turn by turn navigation.
· Instant activation without the need for lengthy map downloads, offers immediate RV specific routing
upon purchase, no waiting time.
· Fast routing, even long routes take less than two seconds to complete.
· Highly efficient routing service offers up to the minute maps.
· Routing considerations include low bridge heights and clearances, load limits, one-way road
designations, sharp turns, and allowances.
· Visual and Voice turn-by-turn instructions.
· Navigation panel offers large type for critical information such as Distance to Turn, Distance to Go,
Time to Destination, and Street names.
· Dynamic routing based on size and weight of vehicle, user definable RV specifications.
· Avoids tunnels and other restricted areas as appropriate.
· Displays surrounding traffic and aerial views at no additional charge.
· Use built-in microphone to speak the destination address or business name for safe and convenient
hands free operation.
· Navigation does not interrupt other functions of the phone therefore the driver can talk simultaneously
· New Cellular Data Conservation mode allows drivers to use the app continuously within the standard
data plan limits.
SmartRVroute is currently available for Android on Google Play and is being developed for iOS.
Established in 1981, TeleType has emerged to become a leader in the field of Global Positioning Systems
and was the first company to offer a portable GPS solution for commercial truck drivers. TeleType
specializes in software systems integration and innovative products for a variety of industries. Products
range from the user friendly GPS navigation systems to advanced developer tools such as Software
Developer Kits (SDK). This latest program innovation is yet another example of the pioneering
advancements that has—and will continue to— set TeleType apart in the field of GPS
Contact via Email
Online Version of Press Release:
You can read the online version of this press release at: http://www.pr.com/press-release/468080