Do a Browse Search Click Add to My List to add the title to
Do a Quick Search a list that you can save, print, or send
Follow these steps to do a quick search of Follow these steps to browse the title, author, by e-mail.
subject, or series index.
your library’s catalog from the Polaris
Quick Start page. Request a Title
1. Select Search on the menu bar, and
select Browse in the Search menu. Follow these steps to request any copy of a
1. Type a word or words in the Quick title listed in your search results.
Library Search box. 2. Select Title, Author, Subject, or Series
from the Search for list. 1. Search for the title you want to request.
2. If you want to limit the search to a
specific format, select the material type 3. Type the first few letters of the title, the 2. Select the title in the search results, and
in the Limit by box. For example, if you author’s name, the subject, or the series click Place Request.
want to find only DVDs, select DVD in name in the that begins with box.
the Limit by box. The log-in form appears.
4. Click Go.
3. Click Go. 3. Type your barcode number or
The search results list displays the username, and password or PIN, in the
4. To return to the Quick Start page, select browse listings and the number of titles appropriate boxes, and click Log in.
Library Info on the menu bar, and associated with each listing. Listings of
select Quick Start in the Library Info title browse searches may display a The request form appears.
menu. breakdown by type of material. 4. Select the name of the library where
you want to pick up the item in the
Do a Keyword Search 5. Click <<Previous 10 Listings or Next
Pickup Library box.
10 Listings >> to see previous or
Follow these steps to find titles containing
subsequent sections of the index. 5. If you want to activate your request at a
6. Click a listing to see a list of associated future time, type the date in the
titles. Activation Date box. The request will
1. Click Search on the menu bar, and click
Keyword in the Search menu. be activated immediately if you do not
Work with Search Results change the activation date.
2. Type the text to search for in the
You can do the following actions from a 6. Click Submit Request.
Keyword search for box.
keyword search results list:
7. Click Return to search results.
3. If you want to limit the search to a
specific format, select a material type in Click a Sort option at the top or
the Limit by box. For example, if you bottom of the page to sort your results. Check and Update Your Account
want to find only DVDs, select DVD in
the Limit by box. Click a page number or the arrow at Follow these steps to check your account
the top or bottom of the page to move and update your personal information.
4. If you want to search for your text in a through the list.
specific field, select the field in the 1. Click My Account on the menu bar,
Search by box. For example, if you Click Availability to see availability and click My Record on the My
know the title contains the word information. Account menu.
Yankee, you enter Yankee in the Click Full Display to see detailed
Keyword Search for box, and select 2. Log in if necessary.
Title in the Search by box. The My Record page appears, and the
Click Place Request to request that side of the page displays a summary of
5. Click Go. the library obtain and hold the title for your account information.
you to check out.
3. Click Contact Information and 8. To cancel one or more requests, do one
Preferences to display your personal of the following actions:
Select the check box by the title for
4. To update, type or select the new each request that you want to cancel,
information in the appropriate boxes. and click Cancel Selected.
5. Click Submit Change Request to Click Cancel All to cancel all your
submit the new information to the requests.
9. Click Log Out at the side of the page or
6. Click Log Out at the side of the page or on the My Account menu to log out of
on the My Account menu to log out of your account.
Renew Items Out
Follow these steps to renew the items you
have checked out.
Quick Start for 4.1
View and Manage Your Requests
10. Click My Account on the menu bar,
Follow these steps to view, suspend, or and click Items Out/Renewals on the
reactivate your requests. My Account menu.
1. Click My Account on the menu bar, 11. Log in if necessary.
and click Requests on the My Account The Items Out/Renewals list displays
menu. the format, call number, title, assigned
2. Log in if necessary. library, due date, and number of
renewals left for each item checked out.
The list of your current requests is
displayed. 12. To renew one or more items do the
3. Select the check box by the title for
each request that you want to suspend Select the check box by the title for
or reactivate. each item that you want to renew, and
click Renew selected items. (If an
4. Click Suspend/Reactivate Selected or item cannot be renewed, there is no Library Catalog
click Suspend/Reactivate All to check box for the item.) http://catalog.mainlib.org/
suspend or reactivate all your requests.
Click Renew all items to renew all the
5. The Suspend/Reactivate Hold items.
Requests dialog box appears.
A message tells you which items have
6. Type the date when suspended been renewed, and whether any
requests should be reactivated or type renewals have been blocked.
today’s date to reactivate an inactive
request. 13. Click Log Out at the side of the page or
on the My Account menu to log out of October 2012
7. Click Submit. your account.