GET SELF MOTIVATED GET SELF MOTIVATED
"Arise, awake and do not stop till the goal is reached." "Education is the manifestation of perfection already in man”
---- Quotes by Swami Vivekananda
1) Choose the highest ideal and live your life up to that, Look at the “ocean” and not the wave.
2) That which tends to increase the divinity in you is virtue, and that which tends to increase brutality in you
3) He who sees Shiva in the poor, in the weak, and in the diseased, really worships Shiva.
4) Purity in thought, speech and in act is absolutely necessary for anyone to be religious. Purity is strength.
Spiritual truth is purity.
5) The ideal of the man is to see God in everything. The real evil is idleness, which is the principal cause of
6) Everyone should know that there is no salvation except through the conquering of desires.
7) Death being so certain, it is better to die for a good cause.
8) Religion is the manifestation of the Divinity already in man.
9) Your country requires heroes, be heroes.
10) To me the very essence of education is concentration of the mind, not the collecting of facts.
11) Each soul is potentially divine.
12) Religion is the idea, which is raising the brute unto man and man unto GOD.
13) All power is within you; You can do anything and everything. Believe in that.
14) Work, Work, Work – Let this be your motto.
15) Now the only way out is to listen to the words of the Lord in the Gita.
16) Be a Hero. Always say, “I have no fear”.
17) Struggle hard to get money, but don’t get attached to it.
18) Feel that you are great and you become great.
19) To devote your life to the good of all and the happiness of all is religion. Whatever you do for your own
sake is not religion.
20) At my will mountains will crumble up. Have that sort of energy, that sort of will: work hard and you will
reach the goal.
21) It is those foolish people who identify themselves with their bodies that piteously cry, “Weak, weak, we
22) Keep the motto before you. “Elevation of the masses without injuring their religion”.
23) Man never progresses from error to truth, but from truth to truth, from lesser truth to higher truth.
24) Avoid all weakness; for weakness is sin, weakness is death.
25) Never talk about the faults of others, no matter how bad they may be. Nothing is ever gained by that.
26) I shall inspire men everywhere until the world shall know that it is one with GOD.
27) Let us go forward and do yet greater things.
28) The more selfish a man, the more immoral he is.
29) Give the weak, for there the entire gift is needed.
30) Knowledge exists, man only discovers it.
31) Give up all desire for enjoyment in earth or heaven.
32) Be courageous. Do not try to lead your brethren, but serve them.
33) Be the witness, and do not react; only thus you can be happy.
34) None can help you, help yourself; work out your own salvation.
35) Be not afraid of anything. You will do marvelous work.
36) Try to love anybody and everybody.
37) You have to go from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no
teacher but your own soul.
38) Know it for certain that you are in everything.
39) Go on bravely. Do not expect success in a day or a year.
40) Let all your nerves vibrate through the backbone of your religion.
41) If you want to be spiritual, you must renounce.
42) Do not talk much, but feel the spirit within you.
43) Your way is the best for you, but that is no sign that is the best for others.
44) Renounce the lower so that you may get the higher.
45) Where can we go to find GOD if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being?
46) Your work is to serve the poor and miserable, without distinction of caste and colour.
47) Help another because you are in him and he is in you.
48) The poor, the illiterate, the ignorance, the afflicted, … let these be your GOD. Know that the service to
these alone is the highest religion.
49) If I am in the dark, let me light a lamp.
50) The earth’s bravest and best will have to sacrifice themselves for the good for many, for the welfare of
51) Every duty is holy, and devotion to duty is the highest form of worship of GOD.
52) We only get what we deserve. It is a lie when we say, the world is bad and we are good. It can never be
53) You will understand the mighty strength of Krishna better with a little strong blood in you.
54) It is struggle against nature and not conformity to nature that makes man what he is.
55) Each work has to pass through these stages – ridicule, opposition and then acceptance.
56) First there should be strict integrity. Secondly, entire devotion to the cause.
57) The will is not free – it is a phenomenon bound by cause and effect – but there is something beyond the
will, which is free.
58) You fail only when you do not strive sufficiently to manifest infinite power.
59) Whatever you do, devote your whole mind, heart and soul to it.
60) Whatever you think, that you will be. If you think yourself weak, weak you will be; if you think yourselves
strong, strong you will be.
61) Never mind failures; they are quite natural; they are the beauty of life – these failures.
62) He works best who works without any motive, neither for money, nor for fame, nor for anything else.
63) The new religion says that he is an atheist who does not believe in himself.
64) Neither seek nor avoid, take what comes.
65) You should work like a master and not as a slave; work incessantly, but do not do a slave’s work.
66) Believe in immortal, infinite and all-powerful.
67) Even if the order were wrong, first obey and then contradict it.
68) Our first duty is not to hate ourselves, because to advance we must have faith in ourselves first and
then in GOD.