LOG SPONSORS for the Blockhouse at Fort Mims
1. Martha Crosby, Point Clear, AL, in honor of Aletha Ann Smith,
Fort Mims survivor, and her many Crosby descendants.
2. Anabeth Slaughter, Marilyn Davidson and Claudia Campbell,
Tensaw, AL, in honor of their mother June Slaughter who has
promoted Fort Mims for over 60 years; and in honor of Col. Lee
Slaughter and Cpt. Joseph Booth who rode with Andrew Jackson
to avenge the deaths at Fort Mims.
3. Dr. Greg Waselkov, Fairhope, AL.
4. R.L. (Leslie) Smith, Latham, AL.
5. Jimmy Faulkner, Jr., Bay Minette, AL.
6. Dr. Barry L. Booth, Montrose, AL.
7. Stagecoach Café, by Joyce Overstreet, Stockton, AL.
8. Harry Shiver, District Representative, Bay Minette, AL.
9. Museum of Daphne, ‘Friends of the Old Methodist Church’,
10. Military Order of Stars and Bars, Liddell Chapter, Bay Minette,
11. Sixth Alabama Cavalry Regiment, Pascagoula, MS and
Logs 12-17 were given as a group to honor Mary Blake Francis on
her 99th Birthday on October 28, 2011. She is the great
granddaughter of Fort Mims survivor Edward Steadham; this
family descends through the line of his daughter, Elizabeth, who
was married to John Blake. Presentation was made at the 198th
Anniversary Commemoration at Fort Mims.
12. James B. and Amy W. Francis, Brooksville, FL, descendant of
Edward Steadham, survivor of Fort Mims; in Honor of Mary Blake
13. Jesse W. and Kathleen D. Francis, Brooksville, FL, descendant
of Edward Steadham; in honor of Mary Blake Francis.
14. James T. and Anna K. Francis, Brooksville, FL, descendant of
Edward Steadham; in honor of Mary Blake Francis.
15. Wayne and Jacqueline Francis, Ojai, CA, descendant of
Edward Steadham; in honor of Mary Blake Francis.
16. George L. and Mary Beth Francis McClain, Dubois, PA,
descendant of Edward Steadham; in honor of Mary Blake Francis.
17. Allen and Sylvia Johnson, Tylertown, MS, descendants of
James, Anna and Peter Francis, Bloomington, IN.
John L. and Virginia Blake, Vancouver, WA.
Lacy, Dallion, Cami and Lynleigh Blake, Tylertown, MS.
Jim, Terri, Drew and Colby Blake, Tylertown, MS.
Marian Blake Rowe.
Carole Williams Aspinwall.
All above given in honor of ‘Aunt Mary’ (Mary Blake Francis).
18. William and Glenda Morris, Bay Minette, AL, in honor of the
Jim Parmer and Hamilton Weatherford families, their children,
grandchildren, and their descendants.
19. Martin L. and Edith S. McGuire, Tensaw, AL, descendant of
Patricia C. Watson, Latham, AL.
20. Tom P. Ollinger, Point Clear, AL.
21. Steve Hester, Stockton, AL, in honor of Anabelle Lee
22. Clark and Barbara Hall, Mobile AL.
23. Julian L. Brown, Cincinnati OH, given in memory of my
mother, June Iris Slaughter Brown.
24. Aviation Warrant Officer Advance Course, Class 11-09, Fort
Rucker AL (35 active duty military personnel)
25. Gordon and Drema Phillips, Bay Minette AL, in memory of
Moses Steadham and his family who were killed at Fort Mims and
his son, Edward Steadham, who survived. Given by his great,
great, grandson, Gordon Phillips.
26. Melinda Teer, granddaughter of Mary Blake Francis, and
Bennette H. Teer, Sour Lake, TX, in honor of Mary Blake Francis,
great granddaughter of Edward Steadham, on her 99th Birthday
27. Marian Blake Rowe and Diana Rowe, Gooding ID.
Destiny, Zachary, Levi and Nathan Pauls, Gooding ID.
Lynn and Col. Charles F. Williams, Jr., Morgan, UT.
Allen and Sylvia B. Johnson, Tylertown, MS.
In honor of Mary Blake Francis, Great Granddaughter of Edward
Steadham, on her 99th Birthday 10/28/2011
28. William F. Denson III, Birmingham AL.
29. Shirley and Bill Byerly, Robertsdale, AL.
30. Given in memory of Dr. Thomas G. Holmes, who escaped from
Fort Mims, by his descendents.
31. Major Uriah Blue Chapter, United States Daughters of 1812,
32. Mark Manry, Bay Minette AL.
33. Nancy Karrick Atmore, AL.
34. Regions Bank, Bay Minette, AL.
35. Old Spanish Trail, US Daughters of 1812 , Pensacola, FL.
36. Addison and Linda Ford, Foley, AL.
37. Alabama Society United States Daughters of 1812, ALABAMA.
38. Alabama Society United States Daughters of 1812, ALABAMA.
39. Alabama Society United States Daughters of 1812, ALABAMA.
40. The Timen Stiddem Society, Flowery Branch, GA, Worcester,
MA; Given to honor the descendants of the Steadham family
patriarchs, Moses Stedham, Sr., who was killed along with most
of his family at Fort Mims during the Creek War, and his brother
John Stedham who survived.
41. Bob and Betty Lou Wills, Bay Minette, AL.
42. Ft. Bowyer Chapter DAR Lillian, AL
43. Kenneth Earle Steadham, Sr., Tampa, FL.
Robert O. Steadham, Sr.
Roy G. Steadham and Ralph D. Steadham, Sr.
In memory of Edward (Ned) Steadham, who survived Ft Mims,
and Callie Stafford Steadham.
44. Baldwin EMC, Summerdale, AL.
45. Ann Biggs-Williams Brewton, AL, In memory of her parents,
Henry and Mary Biggs, Lottie, AL.
46. Mark Ryan, Bay Minette, AL.
United Bank Bay Minette, AL.
Martha Hennessey, Mobile, AL, in memory of her dear friend,
Theo F. Middleton, Jr, descendant of Capt. Hatton Middleton who
died at Ft Mims.
J.F. Barocco, Daphne, AL.
Gulf Coast Colony Society of Mayflower Descendants, Baldwin
John L. Medberry, Foley, AL, Society of Mayflower Descendants.
47. Georgene, Clint, and Georgia Ann Conner, Stockton, AL, in
memory of Mr.& Mrs. Thomas Hastie Gause, Society of Mayflower
48. William Smith Chapter National Society of Colonial Dames,
Bon Secour, AL.
Christopher Branch Chapter National Society of Colonial Dames
49. Ecor Rouge Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution
50. Tristan de Luna Chapter Daughters of the American
Revolution Mobile, AL.
51. Baldwin County Historical Society.
52. Society of the War of 1812 in the State of Alabama.
53. C. Agnew Thompson, Jr, Bay Minette, AL, in memory of his
Great Grandfather Noel Thompson and GGGrandfather William
Thompson, both early settlers of North Baldwin County
54. In Memory of June W. Slaughter, Helen 'Windy' Whiting
Mobile, AL, C. Agnew Thompson Jr. Bay Minette, AL , Dianne and
Ralph Grider Scottsboro, AL, Pat and Tom Bradley, Blacksher, AL.
55. In Memory of June W. Slaughter, Carole and Mike Taylor,
Stockton, AL, Barbara and Charles Slaughter, Mobile, AL
56. In Memory of June W. Slaughter and June Iris Slaughter
Brown, Jim Brown, Montgomery, AL.
57. In Memory of June W. Slaughter, Blakeley and David Splawn,
Birmingham, AL, Linley, Benjamin, Brooks and John Dalton Splawn