California DX Club
October 20, 2011
• Club Business
– Introduction of Officers
– Introductions of Members
– New members
– DX news
• Program – The Story of ST0R
• NCDXC Raffle
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 2
for of 2011 / 2012
– President Russ Bentson K6KLY
– Vice President Steve Jones N6SJ
– Secretary Paul Ewing N6PSE
– Treasurer Bob Lanning W6OPO
– Craig Bradley AE6RR
– Jim Abraham W6EB
– John Eisenberg K6YP
– Peter Grabosky W6OOL
– Ross Forbes K6GFJ
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 3
Introductions of Members
• Let’s go around the room…
– Introduce yourself & any guests
– Tell us what new DX you have worked
– Any other news you wish to share?
– Please try to be brief as we have a full
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 4
Paul Ewing, N6PSE
• Any new members?
• Paul has applications…
• Membership Voting?
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 5
DX to Look Out For
• A71DLH now through October 29th
• 7Q7HB to November 23rd
• SV5/G2JL to November 30th
• T5/TA1AMC to November 30th
• VK0KEV (Macquarie) to November 30th
NCDXC Sept 11 Slide 7
More DX to Watch For
NCDXC Sept 11 Slide 8
More DX to Watch For
• V47JA to November 5th
• T2T from November 10th to December 6th
• CY0/VE1AWW to December 30th
• YA’s: T6BP, T6FR, T6LOB, T6RH, T6SH and
• Reminder: an excellent operating aid is the
DXCC list available from HRO for $5.95
NCDXC Sept 11 Slide 9
• CQ WW SSB October 29th & 30th
• CQ WW CW November 26th & 27th
• For both contests, the exchange is a signal
report and your zone (we are in zone 3)
NCDXC Sept 11 Slide 10
Dues are Due
• Your annual dues were due July 1st!
– Unless you are a Life or Honorary Member of course
• The dues are $24 per year ($39 for families)
• You can pay by Pay Pal!
– Checks, envelopes or stamps not required, just click away!
• Go to http://www.ncdxc.org/
• Click on the MEMBERSHIP button on the left
• If you have moved, changed your call, changed
your email, etc. please add the new information
to the Pay Pal form in the “comment” box
• If you do not renew by Oct 31, you will not be
included in the 2011-2012 roster
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 11
The Great Pacific Coast Ham
• The NCDXC had a booth in the main
• Phil, K6TT organized the special event
– As our section manager, Phil had his plate full
with convention details
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 13
• Craig Bradley, AE6RR did a presentation on
“Introduction to DXing”
• The NCDXC organized a DX Forum
• Craig Bradley, AE6RR
– Panel Members
• Paul Ewing, N6PSE
• John Eisenberg, K6YP
• Norm Wilson, N6JV
• John Miller, K6MM
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 14
• Pete Grabosky, W6OOL maintained the repeater
for many years and installed our new repeater
• The new repeater has all of the latest features
and should serve us well into the future
• Thanks to Pete for a job well done!
• Pete – any comments?
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 15
• Please Remember - NCDXC Net
– Every Thursday 8pm
– Except on monthly meeting nights (3rd Thurs)
– On W6TI repeater, 147.360 MHz, PL 110.9
– Information is on our web site
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 16
New NCDXC Web Site
• John Miller, K6MM has completely
remodeled our web site
• Please check it out at http://ncdxc.org
• A BIG thanks to John for all of his hard
• John - Any comments?
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 17
• Editor - Phil, W6PK
• If you have suggestions for articles, etc. please
see or contact Phil
• If you would like to contribute (photos, articles,
etc.), Phil will be very happy to talk to you!
• This is your newsletter – help make it great!
• Thanks to Phil for many excellent issues!
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 18
• Mike W6WZ & Carolyn WB6ABC
have some great prizes!
• Got Tickets?
– see Carolyn or Mike if you need them
– 6 for $5 - 12 for $10 - 24 for $20
– Tonight’s Prize is a Yaesu FT-1900R 25
watt 2 meter radio
• GOOD LUCK!
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 19
• Does anyone have any other announcements
they would like to make?
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 20
The Story of ST0R
Paul Ewing, N6PSE
NCDXC World Traveler
NCDXC Oct 11 Page 21 of 26
• Does anyone need tickets before we
NCDXC Oct 11 Slide 22
Thanks for Coming Tonight!
• Remember the net next Thursday
• Pray for sunspots and a low A & K!
• 73 & Good DX!
NCDXC Oct 09 Slide 23