Science Project Assignment 1
Title, Purpose and Explanation
Complete this assignment by typing in the answers to the following 5 questions. Be sure
to save this assignment in a Science Fair folder on your computer and flash drive so that
future edits or corrections can be made.
1. Name or names of the student(s) working on the project and the science class number for each
2. Working title of the project (this does not have to be the actual title, we’ll figure that out later):
3. Purpose: (What is it that you will be investigating?) Use the following format or something
similar. Note that this is written in the future tense:
The effect of (independent variable) on (dependent variable) will be investigated.
Or: How (independent variable) affects (dependent variable) will be studied.
4. What will be the topic of the research paper(s) for Language Arts? (If there are two people
working together on this project, each person needs his/her own research topic, list both names and
each of the research topics)
5. Write an explanation of the project using as much detail as you can. (In other words, tell me
what you are going to do!)