6 High Calcium Foods that Strengthen the Bones Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body. The average total amount of calcium in the adult human body reaches approximately 1 kilogram. A total of 99 percent found in bones and teeth, while the remaining 1 percent in body fluids and blood flow. Although it seems little, the remaining 1 percent has an important role in the transmission of the nervous system, muscle contraction, blood pressure regulation, and hormone release. Here’s a list of foods high in calcium for the body. 1. Sardine Processed fish is able to meet the needs of up to 33 percent of the body’s calcium. Consume sardines at least once a week. 2. Cheese Cheese made from dairy ingredients are very well to be taken by the body. Choose Parmesan cheese that has the highest calcium content among other types of cheese. 3. Greens In addition to milk, other sources of calcium are green leafy vegetables. To get the maximum calcium, spinach and broccoli are the right choice. 4. Almonds Almonds are not only famous for its vitamin E, these nuts also contribute about 70-80 mg of calcium. 5. Tofu The main ingredient of tofu is made from soy beans which makes tofu is recommended as a substitute for dairy source of calcium. 6. Oatmeal Besides having high carbohydrate, a bowl of oatmeal also contains 105 mg of calcium. The food for a healthy heart is also rich in fiber and quite friendly with digestion. You might also like this article: Best Foods for Strong Bones.
Pages to are hidden for
"6 High Calcium Foods that Strengthen the Bones"Please download to view full document