The Advantages of a Laser Engraving System
Laser engraving was the biggest revolution over traditional methods of engraving. The difference in laser
engraving is that the machine used for engraving will not be direct contact with the surface which is to
be engraved. Laser is just the tool which will be having direct contact with the surface which is to be
etched or engraved. Use of lasers for engraving has made this process really simple, which was earlier
considered as complex process. This new technique has proved it is the best and cheap form considered
to older methods which was easier and user friendly but needs lot of care.
- The laser beam is so powerful that it needs to be controlled while it's used in
laser engraving south africa
industrial use, otherwise it may cut the surface which was to be engraved actually. These laser engraving
machines were introduced in earlier 90's and all the working of this machine controlled by the computer
hardware and the software installed in that. All these types of automation systems are actually having a
well-designed hardware and software to control all the operations of the machine. Now the machines
are really developed that the picture or design which needs to be engraved can be stored to the
computer which controls the operations and the software will simply engrave or mark those designs to
These laser machines were actually designed to engrave so many different types' materials like plastic,
glass, wood etc. Due to the success of laser engraving machine the companies began to implement laser
on so many areas like laser marking system, automation systems, hot stamping etc. Only disadvantage of
laser engraving machine over other types is the initial cost is bit higher but it is so many advantages over
the traditional form of engraving.
There are lots of advantages for laser engraving systems compared to traditional methods of engraving.
1. In this method no toxic chemicals are used and it will not be having any chemical residue after
engraving. This is the major advantage of laser engraving over other types of older methods where a lot
of toxic chemicals and was having lot of residue after the use.
2. It doesn't produce any dust while the machine works, the machine works clean if its properly used,
only thing is it should be used perfectly and correctly
3. It doesn't produce any sound; the machine just works with a minimal sound considered to older
4. Since the laser engraving machine doesn't have any direct contact with the surface so really easy to do
engraving on uneven surfaces. The tips of the machine was to replaced earlier according to the surface
which is to be engraved, now all these jobs are controlled by the software just by pressing a button.
5. The machine is having only very less service cost and it doesn't need any tip replacement.
6. The operational cost is really less and the implementation of the new technology will definitely
increase the productivity and reduce the operational cost of small industries.