Focus Group/Beta Testers for Free Calling/Chat/Messaging App
My name is Mr. Shimanaka, and I work for Multilingual Outsourcing Company, Ltd.
(http://mlos.jp/en/index.html). I am seeking American adults/university students/high school students to
be part of a focus group/beta test for an upcoming free calling/chat/messaging smartphone app.
I need six group leaders who will each organize a group of 10 friends who are already regular users of a
calling/chat/messenger smartphone app such as Facebook Messenger, Google Talk, GO SMS, Kik
Messenger, Skype, Tango, Viber, etc.
What the group members need to do:
1. Download the free calling/chat/messaging smartphone app named “comm” to your smartphone.
(http://co-mm.com) The app is free to download and free to use.
2. Use comm for two weeks to communicate with your friends in your group.
3. After two weeks, answer an online questionnaire about your experience using comm. It should
take about 15 minutes.
4. Once your entire group has completed the questionnaire we will send you a small thank-you gift
in the form of an Amazon gift card or paypal credit.
Group leaders: (U.S.) $250 value
Group members: (U.S.) $150 value
Thank-you gift is an Amazon gift card or paypal credit (your choice).
Thank-you gifts are contingent on your entire group completing the questionnaire. The group leader is
responsible for making sure that all group members download and test out comm and complete the
1. U.S. Resident living in Boston.
2. Fit into one of the target age and lifestyle demographics listed below.
3. Already a regular user of one or more of the following apps:
Windows Live Messenger
4. You are not eligible if you or a member of your immediate family works in one of the following
1. Software development
2. IT service
3. Entertainment (including television, music, movies, and theater)
4. News media
5. Public relations/Consulting/Marketing
5. You are not eligible if you are extremely familiar with Japanese pop culture (such as anime,
video games, and pop music “idols”). (Sorry, we need a representative group who can tell us if
a feature is “too Japanese” for an American audience.)
Target age and lifestyle demographics:
1. Groups A and B: Young Adults
Young adults (age 29 or younger) who are currently working (full or part time) or stay-at-home parents.
6-7 females and 3-4 males per group, total 10 per group.
2. Groups C and D: University Students
Undergraduate students at 4-year colleges and universities. (Graduate students and community college
students are not eligible.) 6-7 females and 3-4 males per group, total 10 per group.
3. Groups E and F: High School Students
High school students (age 16 or older). 6-7 females and 3-4 males per group, total 10 per group.
If you are interested in being a group leader, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following
1. Your name
2. Your age
3. Your telephone number
4. Which kind of group (young adult, university student, high school student) you are interested in
- Yoshi Shimanaka