Docstoc

01 PAIG MINUTES 7Sept_ V2

Document Sample
01 PAIG MINUTES 7Sept_ V2 Powered By Docstoc
					                     POSITIONAL ACCURACY IMPROVEMENT GROUP
                                                         MINUTES


DATE:                  Thursday, 8 September 2011
TIME:                  10:00am – 12:00pm
LOCATION:              Department of Planning, City

ATTENDEES:
 NAME                                      ORGANISATION
 Phil Beach                                Water Corporation
 Lou Teeuwissen                            Landgate – Data Quality
 Emiria Nyakudarika                        Landgate - Information Access
 Harry Oosterbaan                          Landgate – Strategic
 Reinaard Manger                           City of Armadale
 Allan Campbell                            Landgate
 Kerry Smyth                               Department of Planning
 Steve Rowlands                            Department of Environment and Conservation
 Goran Alibegovic                          Department of Water
 Tricia Wellard                            Landgate
 Damian Shepherd                           WALIS
 Anthony Eastcott                          Landgate
 Peter Ingwersen                           WALIS Office (Chair)
 Marion Gilbert                            WALIS Office (Minutes)
 Matt Devlin                               Department of Planning


APOLOGIES:
 Adrian Denning                            WA Gas Networks
 Pascilia Rukunga                          Western Power




WELCOME
The meeting was opened at 10:10



1.    MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
The minutes from the May meeting were accepted as a true and accurate record.




297d31dc-bb2c-4485-b4a7-4ab1423397bd.doc                                                Page 1 of 6
                     POSITIONAL ACCURACY IMPROVEMENT GROUP
                                                       MINUTES

2.        PREVIOUS ACTION ITEMS
ITEM        DESCRIPTION                       WHO      LATEST STATUS AND                UPDATE FROM THIS
                                                       COMMITMENT                       MEETING
Feb                                                    Mar 2011                          SU1 remains on track
2010      Landgate to provide a high
 1.10 (a) level strategic direction for       Allan     Revised aim is by Sept mtg  SU progress maps now updated
          Spatial Upgrade (SU) work.                     to publish maps showing         monthly on website, LG maps
                                                         SU status every quarter,        are a work-in-progress. (Tricia
            Previous                                     and provide companion SU        Wellard now manages this area)
                                                         status reports (By LGA and
                                                         by locality) on mthly basis.

                                              Harry,    L’gate’s iLAND project has  Harry advised he is submitted a
             Draft SCDB strategic            Lou        been cancelled, so SCDB         proposal to develop a Landgate
               direction report being                    review report wont now be       Spatial Strategy, will be higher-
               developed for iLAND, will                 finalised. SU 2 presentation    level than prev. SCDB-focused
               address SU needs. Harry/                  at next mtg should provide      iLAND strategy.
               Lou to provide to members                 reqd info.
               for comment prior to
               adoption by Landgate.                    SU 2 presentation to be in      Per Item 2.
                                              Allan      Sept. SU 2 will advantage
             Allan to present on SU 2 for               from new tools, processes,
               May or Sept PAIG mtg.                     and Valn. Svces methods
                                                                                       CLOSED
Sep                                                    May 2011
2010         Landgate to investigate the Allan         L’gate met have with WC        No progress since last PAIG
 3.2          possible creation of an ‘alert’            and DOP, and presented on meeting, except for Lgate-WC
              report on updates for                      a potential solution model      meeting held last week.
              agencies and report back at                which highlights areas of
              the next meeting.                          shift. Will need refining to   Lou expressed that Lgate need
                                                         meet DOP needs (now by          to understand the tech. reqts for
            Previous                                     Sep 2011) and WC needs          each agency – its very difficult
             Water Corp liaising with                   (now by Apr 2012).              to build a soln model addressing
               Landgate. This report                                                     wide agency needs.
               format can be used as a                  L’gate investigating new
               baseline for similar reports              reports to detail (say) mthly  DOP-L’gate, and WC-L’gate
               to PAIG / agencies.                       SCDB point-shift, and (say)     mtgs to be set up as a priority.
             Keep PAIG updated on the                   quarterly companion maps.       Lou to follow up, and report on
               report format                             L’gate/ DOP/ C. of A’dale(?) outcomes next PAIG mtg. (C of
                                                         to liaise to refine maps &      A’dale offered to participate.)
            Mar 2011:                                    reports.
             DOP, WC alignment projs                                                   Peter to explore establishing a
               critically contingent upon                                                broad workshop re needs.
               an outcome here.
             Some preparedness by                                                       DOP keen to have formal
               DOP & WC to sponsor this                                                  agreements to clarify needs,
             Key needs include:                                                         commitment, timefames etc
              - Localise to areas of updte
              - Provide say > 0.1 m only                                                 DOP’s Sept. timeframe not
              - SU change v survey upds                                              absolutely locked in, though
                                                                                     maintenance need imminent.
Mar          Adrian/ Peter to liaise re Adrian Propose             for    November  Peter has spoken to Adrian, Nov
2011 5        WAGN presentation on how Peter meeting                                  presentation should be OK.
              they apply cad updates.
May          Contact Landgate’s             Lou       Reinaard has some issues  Lou to pursue this offline with
2011.1        Registration Services                    with blocks in Armadale    Reinaard, … DEC have some
              regarding the shortcomings                                          knowledge re this problem.
              with the Descriptive text                                           (Ideal soln. would prob. require
              available for Forestry Blocks.                                      legislative change, so unlikely)
                                                                                        CLOSED

297d31dc-bb2c-4485-b4a7-4ab1423397bd.doc                                                                  Page 2 of 6
                     POSITIONAL ACCURACY IMPROVEMENT GROUP
                                                     MINUTES
May          Alert Landgate’s Geonoma Peter/                                  Brian Goodchild informed of
2011.2        section re imptce placed on Lou                                   the importance of this
              Rural Street addressing by
              PAIG members.                                                   CLOSED
May          Follow-up/advise Kerry re     Emiria                             Has not yet occurred – Emiria
2011.3        licensing rules and costs for                                     to follow up
              external agency deployment
              of Landgate mapviewer


ACTION: Harry to distribute Landgate Spatial Strategy to PAIG members (timeframe
unknown), subject to the progression of this work, and subject to approval by Landgate.


2. Presentation – Spatial Upgrade Phase 2
Allan provided an interesting presentation on spatial upgrade pass 2 (SU2). Spatial upgrade is the
process of improving accuracy of SCDB data, both in relative and absolute terms. The work entails
replacing digitised & calculated dimensions with surveyed observations and verifying mathematical
closure before fitting to the Geodetic Control Network via Least Squares Adjustment.

Expected accuracies are:
   • SSA      +/- 0.030m to +/- 0.050m                         •   Rural           +/- 2m
   • Metro +/- 0.25m                                           •   Pastoral        +/- 10m

The main spatial upgrade processes include:
   • Survey observations and polygon areas are captured.
   • All polygon dimensions are verified and mathematical closure is completed.
   • Cadastral connections to the Control Network are set-up.
   • Road crossings are captured.
   • Finally, a full Least Squares Adjustment is completed.

The areas that remain to be completed under SU1 are pockets from Merredin to Ravensthorpe,
and the SE corner of Metropolitan area. It will be completed approximately July 2012 .

SU2 will among other things incorporate re-visitation of some areas done under SU1 using more
refined processes, and capturing of road crossings not captured under SU1. It will also need
consider/ address ‘auto-integrated survey’ data provided by developers etc, which can manifest
some minor inaccuracies when compared to the SCDB.

Internal and external consultation will be undertaken, and Landgate are in the process of looking at
resources and timeframes regarding this work. Online tools enabling users to monitor progress of
SU2 will be provided, and Landgate are considering how it might track spatial upgrade from SU2
on the SCDB. Allan invited members to provide feedback/ ideas/ needs regarding the SU2 project.

Kerry raised concerns regarding the accuracy of the cadastre data that abound remote Aboriginal
communities, these do not align well to other datasets. Kerry was reminded that she could use the
SLICP process to address this need. She also flagged that there are other well-known issues with
related datasets such as Community Layout Plans (eg should this be created as a separate layer,
if so who is the custodian?), and community street addressing. It was proposed that a workshop
including DoP, DIA, Police, FESA, Housing, Landgate, Water Corporation, Western Power etc be
convened to consider and get commitment to progress these issue. Damian reflected that it would
be appropriate to leverage needs here thru the Aboriginal Affairs Coordinating Committee.


ACTION: Peter Ingwersen to contact Steven James (DOP) re establishing a workshop to
consider wide dataset needs for remote Aboriginal communities.

297d31dc-bb2c-4485-b4a7-4ab1423397bd.doc                                                       Page 3 of 6
                         POSITIONAL ACCURACY IMPROVEMENT GROUP
                                               MINUTES


3. Review of PAIG directions and outcomes – Damian Shepherd
   Damian advised re the review of the WALIS working groups, and reflected on the need to better
   quantify outcomes form the groups. He advised there is a new opportunity/ expectation that key
   issues/ problems be flagged to Landgate Executive, WALIS Council and/ or SMG, who are there to
   support worthy initiatives. Damian is happy as A/ Director WALIS to assist in promoting relevant,
   key, multi-agency projects through these groups, remembering they should have a strong business
   case. Where possible projects should be align to the LIS to best leverage support.

   Members agreed that:
    While the group was established as an ‘action’ group, limited outcomes had been delivered
    Focus often got bogged down on single issues/ peripheral issues/ single-agency issues, … to
      the exclusion of other important discussion
    Some significant issues weren’t being adequately addressed through the group, and
    The List of PAIG Priority Projects (May 2011) is a useful starting document providing a level of
      focus for PAIG activities, but should not be taken as definitive.

   It was also agreed that PAIG should make more use of targeted workshops to explore and define
   significant, multi-agency issues, and to gain commitment from stakeholder agencies.

   Action Item – Members to provide feedback/ ideas regarding significant issues that the
   group should explore to Peter Ingwersen.



    3.        AGENCY REPORTS
    Planning
     Realignment work:
          o Regional-boundary datasets all finalised (except for MRS), will be updated into SLIP
          o Re-alignment of 101 out of 141 of the Local Planning Schemes completed, aim is to
             finalise this by end September. The data will go into SLIP only after symbology
             inconsistencies are resolved
    Water Corporation
     Have now completed 3 of the 8 programmed regions (all country regions so far)
     The forth region (metro area) is scheduled for this weekend
     On track for programme completion April 2012.
     Having discussions with DOP regarding an integrated Planning layer
    Landgate
     Has been working on documentation for data maintenance
     Landgate staff recently attended a seminar on what other jurisdictions are doing in regards to
       their SCDB

   Action Item – Lou to see if he can make available a link to presentation relating to cadastre
   management metrics by the various state jurisdictions.

    DOW
     Nothing to report

   Local Government (City of Armadale)
    Nothing to report
    Raised concerns re tenure recording eg searches return a mix of owners for City of Armadale
      vested properties: City of Armadale vs Town of Armadale vs shire of Kelmscott-Armadale.

    297d31dc-bb2c-4485-b4a7-4ab1423397bd.doc                                            Page 4 of 6
                     POSITIONAL ACCURACY IMPROVEMENT GROUP
                                                      MINUTES
DEC
 Have loaded some new datasets on SLIP, though for some of these the process this has
  posed some issues relating to custodianship (eg for quasi Commonwealth-provided datasets).
  WALIS may have a role to play here in resolving such issues.
 Progressing Emergency Service Directories
 Undertaking significant work to consolidate the roads dataset for those roads within DEC
  Estate


4.     GENERAL BUSINESS
DS reminded members that they need to look at key priorities that can be flagged and taken up to
Council for support. The group needs to look at how to develop projects – obtain support – and
move forward

5.    NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on 17 November at Landgate Cloisters.

The meeting closed at 12:10pm.


PAIG MEETINGS 2011

 DOW                       DATE            TIME       WHERE
 Thurs             10 March 2011           10–12 am   Water Corporation
 Thurs               26 May 2011           10–12 am   Boardroom, Landgate, Cloisters Square
 Thurs         8 September 2011            10-12 am   DoP
 Thurs         17 November 2011            10–12 am   Boardroom, Landgate, Cloisters Square


     REVISED ACTION ITEMS

ITEM        DESCRIPTION                                                 WHO LATEST STATUS AND
                                                                            COMMITMENT

            CLOSED ITEMS
Feb       Landgate to provide a high level strategic direction for                SU1 remains on track
2010      Spatial Upgrade (SU) work.
 1.10 (a)                                                               Allan     SU progress maps now updated
          Previous                                                                monthly on website, LG maps are a
           Draft SCDB strategic direction report being                           work-in-progress. (Tricia Wellard now
             developed for iLAND, will address SU needs. Harry/                   manages this area)
             Lou to provide to members for comment prior to
             adoption by Landgate.                                                Harry advised he is submitted a
                                                                                  proposal to develop a Landgate
             Allan to present on SU 2 for May or Sept PAIG mtg.        Harry,    Spatial Strategy, will be higher-level
                                                                        Lou       than prev. SCDB-focused iLAND
            Mar 2011                                                              strategy.
             Revised aim is by Sept mtg to publish maps showing
              SU status every quarter, and provide companion SU                   Per Item 2.
              status reports (By LGA and by locality) on mthly basis.

             L’gate’s iLAND project has been cancelled, so SCDB
              review report wont now be finalised. SU 2 presentation Allan
              at next mtg should provide reqd info.

             SU 2 presentation to be in Sept. SU 2 will advantage
               from new tools, processes, and Valn. Svces methods                CLOSED


297d31dc-bb2c-4485-b4a7-4ab1423397bd.doc                                                                Page 5 of 6
                     POSITIONAL ACCURACY IMPROVEMENT GROUP
                                                     MINUTES
May          Contact Landgate’s Registration Services regarding Lou             Lou to pursue this offline with
2011.1        the shortcomings with the Descriptive text available for             Reinaard, … DEC have some
              Forestry Blocks. (Reinaard has some issues with                      knowledge re this problem. (Ideal
              blocks in Armadale)                                                  soln. would prob. require legislative
                                                                                   change, so unlikely)

                                                                                CLOSED
May          Alert Landgate’s Geonoma section re imptce placed        Peter/    Brian Goodchild informed of the
2011.2        on Rural Street addressing by PAIG members.              Lou         importance of this

                                                                                CLOSED
            ONGOING ITEMS
Sep          Landgate to investigate the possible creation of an                No progress since last PAIG
2010          ‘alert’ report on updates for agencies and report back Allan       meeting, except for Lgate-WC
 3.2          at the next meeting.                                               meeting held last week.

            Previous                                                             Lou expressed that Lgate need to
             Water Corp liaising with Landgate. This report format              understand the tech. reqts for each
               can be used as a baseline for similar reports to PAIG             agency – its very difficult to build a
               / agencies.                                                       soln model addressing wide agency
             Keep PAIG updated on the report format                             needs.

            Mar 2011:                                                            DOP-L’gate, and WC-L’gate mtgs to
             DOP, WC alignment projs critically contingent upon                 be set up as a priority. Lou to follow
               an outcome here.                                                  up, and report on outcomes next
             Some preparedness by DOP & WC to sponsor this                      PAIG mtg. (C of A’dale offered to
             Key needs include:                                                 participate.)
              - Localise to areas of updte
              - Provide say > 0.1 m only                                         Peter to explore establishing a broad
              - SU change v survey upds                                          workshop re needs.

            May 2011                                                             DOP keen to have formal
             L’gate met have with WC and DOP, and presented on                  agreements to clarify needs,
              a potential solution model which highlights areas of               commitment, timefames etc
              shift. Will need refining to meet DOP needs (now by
              Sep 2011) and WC needs (now by Apr 2012).                          DOP’s Sept. timeframe not
                                                                                 absolutely locked in, though
             L’gate investigating new reports to detail (say) mthly             maintenance need imminent.
             SCDB point-shift, and (say) quarterly companion maps.
             L’gate/ DOP/ C. of A’dale(?) to liaise to refine maps &
             reports.
Mar          Adrian/ Peter to liaise re WAGN presentation on how Adrian        Peter has spoken to Adrian, Nov
2011 5        they apply cad updates.                                Peter      presentation should be OK.

May          Follow-up/advise Kerry re licensing rules and costs for Emiria    Has not yet occurred – Emiria to follow
2011.3        external agency deployment of Landgate mapviewer                  up

            NEW ITEMS
Sep         Distribute Landgate Spatial Strategy to PAIG members       Harry
2011.1      (timeframe unknown), subject to the progression of this
            work, and subject to approval by Landgate.
Sep         Contact Steven James (DOP) re establishing a workshop      Peter
2011.2      to consider wide dataset needs for remote Aboriginal
            communities
Sep         Members to provide feedback/ ideas regarding significant   All
2011.3      issues that the group should explore to Peter
Sep         Make available (if possible) a presentation relating to    Lou
2011.4      cadastre management and metrics by the various state
            jurisdictions



297d31dc-bb2c-4485-b4a7-4ab1423397bd.doc                                                                Page 6 of 6

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:1
posted:1/7/2013
language:Latin
pages:6