Top 10 Historical Monuments of India
India is a remarkable country with a very rich history. The historical monuments in the country replicate
the culture and the life of the ancient and modern Indians. Several historical places in India are also
listed as World Heritage Sites.
1) Taj Mahal : Taj Mahal is a world famous monument of marbles which is located in Agra, in the state
of Uttar Pradesh, India. It was made by Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaz Mahal. It is a memorial
monument for love.
2) Hawa Mahal: Hawa Mahal is a palace in Jaipur, India. It is constructed of red and pink sandstone,
highlighted with white quakeee quick lime.
3) Mysore Palace: The Mysore Palace, Karnataka is generally known as the the Maharajah’s Palace. It
is situated at the city center at Mirza Road. Mysore Palace is one of the most pleasant monument of
4) Charminar: The charminar Hyderabad’s best identified landmark. It was built 1591 by Sultan
Mohammed Quli Qutub Shah to soothe the force of evil savaging his new city with epidemic and plague.
5) Qutab Minar: Qutub-ud-din Aibak laid the foundation for Qutub Minar in 1199 AD. It is Standing at
thye height of 72.5 meters, it is the highest stone tower in India.
6) India Gate: The India Gate is the national monument of India.Iot is situated in the heart of New
Delhi, India Gate was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens, inspired by Arch de Triumph in Paris.
7) Vidhana Soudha: Vidhana Soudha counts amongst the most imposing as well as the most
magnificent buildings in the Bangalore city of India. It is mainly famous for housing the Legislative
Chambers of the state government.
8) Gateway: The imposing Gateway of India is a glorious historical memorial built during British rule.
Gateway of India is one of the best example of colonial architectural heritage in India.
9) Sanchi Stupa: Sanchi is situated in the state of Madhya Pradesh in India. The major attractions of
Sanchi includes a number of Buddhist stupas, monasteries, temples and pillars.
10) Sun Temple: Sun Temple of Konark is located in the Orissa State of India. And it is located 35 Km
North of Puri. Konark Temple is an ancient Hindhu temple which is build in the name of Sun God.