Unit J – Careers in Business
12.04 - Create a follow-up (thank
Purpose of a Follow-Up Letter
• Shows that you are still interested in the
• Allows you a chance to clarify something
you said in the interview or mention
something that may have occurred to you
Writing a Follow-Up Letter
• Thank the interviewer for talking to you.
• Let the employer know that you want the
• Be brief and polite.
• Send no later than two days following the
• Proof the letter to make sure there are NO
Other Methods of Following-Up
• Telephone call
• Visit to the company