How Can I Live On Tight Budget?
Living on a tight budget can be quite difficult especially if you’re previous lifestyle was luxurious.
Still, living on a tight budget doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice everything that you used to
enjoy. All you have to do is set your lifestyle on budget and you’ll be able to live off the life that
you want even with a tight budget.
1. Manage your expenses- the first thing you have to do is to manage everything. List down all
of your expenses as well the amount of money that you earn every month. If your expense list
exceeds the amount of money you earn, it means that you have to make adjustments and cut
down on your spending.
2. Stop overspending- entertainment is probably the main reason why people overspend.
Though it really is hard to cut down on something that you enjoy, it is necessary if you are on a
tight budget. But if you are creative, you can still keep your entertainment habits while saving
money. For example, if you watch movies all the time, you can still do so but instead of going to
the movies, you can just get a DVD or download one online. You’ll save the money that you’ll
spend on food as well. Or if you’re used to eating out in restaurants four times a week, you can
always cut it down to two times to cut down on your expenses or if you really want to save up,
you can buy the ingredients and cook it by yourself.
3. Look for free things- go online and search for free shows or events in your neighborhood.
You’d be surprised to know that there are still things in this world that you can enjoy for free.
4. Look for places to relax- you don’t always have to go to the spa just to relax. You can go to
different places such as the local library or to the museum and enjoy some time away from your
5. Go for a walk in your local park- go for a stroll and enjoy the scenery, the people walking
around it etc. There are a lot of things to see and to enjoy if you just take some time to admire it.
6. Get your finances straight- the fact that you’re on a tight budget means that you have to take
of your finances even more because you’ll need it the most. As much as possible, pay for all of
your bills regularly, get your credit report and also check your credit score regularly. This will
ensure that you’ll be able to use your credit by the time that you need it the most.
7. Commute and walk- instead of taking your car, why not just take the bus or the train? It will
save you a whole lot more than using your car because if you do, you’ll have to spend more for
the gas. If where you’re going to is just a few block a why, you can just take a walk, enjoy the
scenery and get some exercise as well.
8. Skip the extra fees- are you still paying for your monthly membership at the gym? You may
want to quit that and just go for a jog around the park every morning. Simple things like these
usually have substitutes that you can take advantage of without spending a lot or without
spending at all. You can stop paying for your cable and make use of the internet instead. You
can still watch movies online and you can actually get more because you can search anything
on your laptop.
9. Make use of coupons- coupons can cut down on your expenses especially on your grocery
bill. Check your daily newspaper and cut off the coupons. The discounts may not be that big if
you use them at once but if you keep them and use them in bulk, you’ll realize that they are
actually very useful.
There are tons of ways for you to save money or to stay within your budget without sacrificing
the lifestyle that you want. Just don’t get carried away and think about what you can really afford
every once in a while.
Joy is an active blogger who is fond of sharing interesting finance management tips to
encourage people to manage their personal finances. More specifically, she advocates that
people check credit scores regularly. Follow Joy and discover top reasons why you fail to save