Best Money Saving Wedding Ideas
Wedding planning can be a hectic yet fun experience to go through but it’s not all romantic as
soon as you see the bills. There are a lot of things to consider for that special occasion, you
have the reception, flowers, souvenirs, your gown and many more. A wedding budget is
essential to make sure that you get everything that you need without running short. Don’t hold
back on getting the best for your special day and follow these money saving wedding ideas.
1. You don’t always have go for those fancy places that costs so much. What you should do is
check what’s included or the offers that go along with the venue. Some places may be very
cheap because they usually don’t include the linens or even the tables and chairs.
2. Plan the reception and your wedding on the same venue. This will keep you from paying
multiple venue fees and you will also save up on the transportation expenses.
3. A lovely garden wedding can also do the trick. Plan your wedding at your own backyard to cut
down on the venue fees. Some wedding venues have a ‘curfew’ and they’ll make you pay for
more if you go overboard but if you do it at your backyard, you can have fun and take all the
time that you need.
1. Most people want to get their wedding photos taken by a professional photographer but it
wouldn’t hurt to ask your friends if they know a good photographer that you can hire. Look for
part time photographers because they usually charge less compared to full time photographers.
2. Try to negotiate with your photographer and ask if they have packages to offer you.
3. You may want to have hundred of pictures taken and printed but of course, that means that
you’ll have to pay for more. Limit your photos to around 300 or so.
4. Some amateur photographers charge less because the quality of their work isn’t that good.
Be sure to check out their portfolio to make sure that you’ll get what you’re paying for.
Food and catering services
1. You can choose to cook the food yourself to cut down on the catering costs, however, you
may spend more on the preparation and you’ll have to put in more effort. Preparing the food on
your own is usually cost effective if you only have a few guests. Still, it would be best to
compare the prices and see which will help you save more money.
2. Get the three course meal for your guests instead of the expensive five course meal.
3. Instead of getting fondant for your cake, opt for butter cream or cream cheese instead.
Fondant is more expensive because of the labor that goes along with making it.
4. Remove the extra layers on your cake and save more money.
1. No need to buy a signature wedding dress, go to a bridal shop and look for a similar one and
save more money.
2. Skip hiring a wedding planner and have your friends help you out. It will also be easier for you
to ask them for a few favors or errands.
If you really don’t have the money for your wedding, you can try to get a loan to pay for
everything. If you are going to apply for a loan, make sure you check your credit report first to
see if your credit history has no negative items on it that can affect your chances of obtaining
the loan. Next, estimate your credit score and see if it is high enough; otherwise you should try
improving it first to get a better interest rate.
You can also choose to have an equity loan to get it faster but remember that you’ll be putting
your properties at risk if you decide to continue with this. Just don’t forget to pay for the monthly
bills and you’ll be fine.
Whether you get a loan for your wedding or pay for it yourself, what’s important is that you make
your wedding day enjoyable and memorable as possible. Bear in mind that you don’t have to
spend a lot to celebrate this special occasion. Follow these tips, save more money on your
wedding and keep it for your future.
Joy is an active blogger who is fond of sharing interesting finance management tips to
encourage people to manage their personal finances. More specifically, she advocates that
people check credit scores regularly. Follow Joy and discover the tips for saving money on