ELA A10 Review
1. What is the theme or message of each poem we studied?
2. Explain the symbolism in each poem we studied.
3. What is a narrative poem? What is a descriptive poem?
4. How are the poems studied in each unit similar and different?
B) Short Stories
1. What is the theme or message of each story we studied?
2. How do each of the short stories we read related to the unit theme?
3. How are the stories in each unit similar and different?
1. Who wrote the novels/plays we studied?
2. What is the symbolism behind the scenes, the objects and the actions of the
3. What is/are the major event(s) in each act?
4. Who is the protagonist in each selection? Who or what is the antagonist?
5. How do the main characters change, learn or grow? Why?
6. What are the themes of each selection?
7. What are the writers’ messages?
8. List the main details: characters, places, motivations, etc.
“The Sniper” “Spring Victory”
“The Tiger’s Heart” “The Tell-Tale Heart”
“The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” “ The Veldt”
“Cremation of Sam McGee” “War on the Periphery”
“Ballad of Ice-Worm Cocktail” “Charge of the Light Brigade”
“Shooting of Dan McGrew” “Annabel Lee”
“Dulce Et Decorum Est” “The Listeners”
“Gunga Din” “The Lady of Shalott”
“Five Ways to Kill a Man” “ The Raven”
The Miracle Worker Dracula
Alive Locked in Time
Dracula Locked in Time
Punctuation Eight parts of speech
Parts of a paragraph Spelling