Lakewood, Ohio 44107 email@example.com
Accomplished and dynamic trial attorney who is highly skilled in legal writing and research.
● Legal/non-legal research ● Court certified to handle mental health
● In-depth criminal law knowledge
● Capital defense certified
● Proficient in both Westlaw and Lexis
● Public speaking expertise
● Experienced in municipal, common
● Expert legal writing skills pleas, juvenile, and appellate courts
● Powerful negotiator ● Team player excelling in getting the
best out of his colleagues
● Creative problem solver
● Organization and detailed preparation
● In-depth knowledge of legal proceedings, briefs, motions and client assessment
● Skilled in all phases of trial preparation, developed trial exhibits to motions and
extensive trial discovery
Trial Attorney, 02/1988 - 06/2012
Cuyahoga County – Cleveland, Ohio
● Produced and developed strategies and arguments in preparation for the defense
of indigent clients.
● Successfully processed and produced subpoenas, motions and briefs for all levels
of case preparation.
● Investigated facts and law of cases using pertinent sources to fully prepare cases.
● Solid, accomplished and extensive interviewer.
● Successfully defended a heavy caseload of clients charged with high degreed
felonies carrying serious sentencing consequences.
● Represented juvenile offenders in all areas of Juvenile Court.
Staff Attorney , 01/1987 - 02/1988
Ohio Court of Appeals, Eleventh District – Warren, Ohio
● Interpreted laws, lower court rulings, case law and legal precedent for State
● Assisted the Court in preparing their decisions for publication.
● Aided the court in the analysis of all briefs filed with the court.
● Provided extensive legal research.
Law Clerk, 09/1985 - 01/1987
Cleveland Municipal Court – Cleveland, Ohio
● Interpreted case law and statutes for thirteen Judges and six Magistrates.
● Drafted memoranda of law
● Provided in-depth research on both Civil and Criminal cases
● Assisted in the preparation of decisions for publication
● Maintained the legal libraries and updated all legal research materials
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law – Cleveland, Ohio
● Full-time student while working full-time as a law clerk for Cleveland Municipal
Court for the final two of my three years of law school
● Admitted to the Ohio Bar the same year as graduation
Washington & Jefferson College – Washington, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Arts English and Political Science
● Double major
● Ohio Bar Association
● Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
● Justinian Forum