Official Graduate Student Council Representative Document
Thank you for your interest in becoming a GSC Rep. for the 2012-2013 academic year. This is a
volunteer position. In order to become an official council representative, please read and accept
the following information regarding GSC representative’s responsibilities. Then submit your name
to the Program Director at email@example.com
1. Advise and provide requested feedback to Program Director.
a. Help give input on activities or needs of grad students.
b. The director may periodically need opinions, information, help, or general feedback
regarding Graduate Student Association activities or other graduate student needs.
As a council member you are committed to respond to email requests from the
Program Director. This is one of the most helpful things that a council member can
2. Support activities through attendance (this does not include Council Meetings) - commit to
support a minimum of four official GSC activities during the academic year (two in the fall &
two in the spring).
3. Attend council meetings throughout the academic year (probably four or five throughout
4. Conference Scholarships
a. As a council member, one of your most important responsibilities is to vote on
conference scholarships. There are three different deadlines throughout the
academic year where two $500 scholarships will be awarded for students attending
conference (see information about conference scholarships on grad student council
site (www.gonzaga.edu/gsc). Following the deadline date for the scholarship
applications, the program Director will email you the scholarships. It is your
responsibility to select four top choices from best to least out of the scholarship
applications. A council meeting will follow the deadline within two weeks where
based off your votes, two of the applicants will be chosen.
b. Note that only one representative from each department is allowed to vote.
5. Willing to announce activities in class and perhaps other basic means of marketing.
6. Willing to help set up for any activities that need setting up (most likely this will not apply
7. Provide input regarding grad student programs, feedback from students, etc. on program
experience. Share concerns regarding how grad student life or academic programs can be
Please be aware that this is not that busy of a position though you do need to be willing to follow these
Baden Fox, MA Org. Leadership